1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

how/why did you change your avatar?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Aug 6, 2011.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

i just wanted something differnt. plus now i have to look at the users name instead of the avatar.
    --- merged: Aug 6, 2011 5:52 PM ---
    was suposto read "how many of us and why did we change our avatar.

2. Ice|Burn

Ice|Burn Getting Tilted

I changed mine because I was tired of my old one. Plus hardly anyone knows me because I mostly lurked on tfp 4.0. I've gone on something of a posting rampage here on 5.0. :eek:

3. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

I love VWs, and change is good....

4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

It was time for a change. I changed it on the other board I frequent most as well. I'd had the same avatar for several years. I don't change mine often.

5. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I got bored with the old one, and this one fits me quite well, I think. I love the color contrast.

6. Nikilidstrom

Nikilidstrom Vertical

Had Stevie Y as my avatar for a long time, figured I'd switch it up a bit. And I love the gif that my avatar originates from.

7. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

I honestly couldn't find the file or the original place I had my long time avatar. So, new space, new avatar, and it kinda fits my life at the moment.

8. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

i changed mine because as funny/cute as it is for a kitten to be held up by a pistol wielding bully, i needed a perfect TFP avatar. It had to be (however minutely) intellectual and funny at the same time. Randy Marsh talking about the economy was in my mind the perfect image of most of the TFPers around here: everyday joes talking about smart people things

9. Ourcrazymodern?

Ourcrazymodern? still, wondering

I don't remember what mine was before the snow penis...

10. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Because I shortened my username from Zenda to Zen. Zenda 'was' a bluish fractal pic for eleven years.
    Though peeved that I was now sharing memespace with a major world philosopy, I took it in good spirit and Googled 'Zen' for image ideas and here this was. Into photoshop, replace white background with TFP green, then big brush with max feather for the orange glow. I'll probably tweak the glow - retain the bite but reduce the pop by putting the glow on a separate transparent layer, then I can fade and intensify the whole thing as well as adjusting size and feather.

11. jewels

jewels New Member

New board, new beginning, new look. I wanted to use a scarab, but liked this better than what I found.

Besides, I couldn't find the photo that I used to create the last one.

12. Freeload

Freeload Getting Tilted

Couldn't find my old one, and the one I tried to download from the old TFP wasn't in the correct format.
    I'll probably change it soon as I'm not sure I want a picture of me ;)

13. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I've had avatars turned off for so long I forgot what I even had. With 5.0 I was going to go old school and find the Charlatan puppet I used to have but must have archived it somewhere. I also couldn't find it online. I had something else when we were testing 5.0 but then I saw this image of Tor Johnston and had to use it.

I'll likely get bored of it and change it before too long.

14. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

I eat fewer children these days.

Also, Manny Calavera is the shit, and my fascination with LucasArts adventure games has been recently rekindled.

15. Shagg

Shagg Vertical

It's a chocolate chip and bacon cookie. The awesomeness speaks for itself.

16. samcol

samcol Getting Tilted

new board, felt it was time for a change, so put up my current favorite band

17. sbscout

sbscout Getting Tilted

Love the book, "Where the Wild Things Are," and this was graffitti'd on a wall in Rio de Janeiro.

18. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

I'm still relatively new to TFP, so I retained my original screename/avatar.

However, whenever I join a new board I always use a new screename/avatar. Granted, it makes things confusing when you have memberships for over half a dozen boards and can't remember who you're supposed to be, but that's how I roll. :cool:

19. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

It's full of stars

20. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

Found an animated GIF of the last one I had, but it wouldn't load. Couldn't find a static one.