1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

I Hate My Cellphone

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by issmmm, Aug 14, 2011.

1. issmmm

issmmm Getting Tilted

I have never had a cellphone that I was excited to have
    they do a lot of stuff, the one I have now texts, has internet, gps, all the bells and whistles but that fucker won't do what I tell it
    took it to the tech and even they couldn't do anything with it
    that was reasuring cuz it means I'm not a dumbass
    I get a new one on tuesday, it'll as much or more

I'm gonna hate it too

2. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I sometimes hate my cell phone.
    I have a 5 year old Razr. No internet, I don't text except in rare cases, just figured out how to send pics to my email yesterday, and my "1" on the number pad sticks, so it needs pressing twice to make sure., and I've been through 3 batteries, only two of which I've paid for.
    But the phone does what it's supposed to do. Call people. So, I'll keep it till I, or it, explodes.

3. samcol

samcol Getting Tilted

i can't stand cellphones, they seem to break about every 6 months. too bad you basically have to have one to live anymore.

4. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

the indestructo policy that you can buy is definitely worth the investment. that and i pile on the toughest case that they have in the store and i've actually been able to hold onto my phone for years at a time. as for all the extra gadgets, i think they're useful if you dont just load down your phone with games and stupid apps. they really are miniaturized computers and they're great for keeping a schedule, addresses, not getting lost, managing email accounts (i have about 6). i think they're great little out of the office tools but why every 13 year old girl needs one is beyond me

5. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I hate mine too...can't wait to replace it at Christmas. It's an enV3. It has an issue where the battery is ever so slightly loose, and so if you don't keep the contacts clean, the phone will periodically shut itself off.

6. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Is that what causes that?
    My friend's phone periodically shuts off, too. I'll tell him about that. Thanks. :)

7. LoganSnake

LoganSnake Vertical

Which phone is that?

8. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

What are you actually trying to tell it to do?

9. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

I ditched a 5 year old Razr earlier this year for one of those fancy 4G Andriod phones. that Razr was a pretty tough phone. The case was all scratched and dented from all the times I dropped it, but it still worked.
    I still don't make a lot of calls and I rarely text but some of the other stuff it does has come in very handy, especially the WiFi hotspot feature. Use it instead of the wireless connection the work netbook comes with. Faster and more reliable.

10. sbscout

sbscout Getting Tilted

I went from a Blackberry to a Thunderbolt 2 months ago. Both of them are way more equipped than I'll ever need. I haven't decided if I hate the Thunderbolt yet.

I need a Model T and I have a Formula One race car...

11. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I miss my Razr. Loved that phone...it finally died on me after about 3 years. I forget what I replaced it with, but after a few months of Benjen-abuse, it was a goner.

I have an LG dLite now. I like it almost as much as the Razr, except that it's pink. I'm all about the flip phones, no smart phones for me.

12. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

I only have a work phone, which is a Blackberry

I guess its love/hate... I hate being on call, hate the fact you can never get away from the job cos emails are always there. Then again I like being able to check the football scores or whatever when Im out and about... I find it pretty useable and decent battery life. The only issue I have is the rollerball gets bunged out with dust/lint... but you can clean it with some of that antibacterial stuff you get in hospital and a tissue.

13. ace0spades

ace0spades Slightly Tilted

I just recently freed myself from my cellular prison. Downgraded my account to emergency usage - gives me 40 emergency minutes a month for 15 bucks. Doing this until I have the money to buy myself out of my contract outright. Now I've just got a land line, and I really enjoy being "out of touch" from time to time

14. issmmm

issmmm Getting Tilted

It's a samsung 9q something or other, not into phones enough to remember the name it's a blackberry style phone with a touch screen, before you say something I know how old it is but I have had problems with it since maybe 3 months after I got it

call
    answer a call
    text

15. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

i just got my cell phone a week ago; it does everything i want it to do - make calls, receive calls, and voice mail...

i disabled text messaging as soon as i got it...

if i hit a certain button, it tells me the time...

16. issmmm

issmmm Getting Tilted

Mine had a windows based OS
    I'm told that was the seat of the problem, you have to treat it gingerly or else
    Insurance will cover the replacement cost but that also means that I'll get a phone equal in stuff as the one I already have while the rest of the world will be operating in 4G whatever that means mine will probably be, what 2G?

It gonna be a htc hero, gonna go look it up so I can start hating it now and be ahead of the game

17. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

go Droid or go home. look it up, you might even end up hating it marginally less than you hate most of your phones

18. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Mine's pay-as-you-go, for emergency use or times I would have needed a phone booth. I never thought about the alarm function untill a friend recommended I tray it, since I was going on holiday and complaining about the low volume of most portable alarm clocks.

19. issmmm

issmmm Getting Tilted

I was all prepared to say "you kids get off my lawn"

then I thought about it and I am kinda dependent on text, nav, the net, and all the bells an whistles on my phone I just want it to work wht ever the app just work

20. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Ugh, LG battery issues. Masking tape shims and superglue are your only options.
    Found your problem.