1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

I made a comicbook! Check out this preview!

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Snoogans, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

One year and one week ago, I set a 365-day goal to create and release a comicbook.

I had no ideas and very little skills as a writer or artist, but fuck it, even if it sucks mad balls I'm doing it!

I talked to my best friend about it, his excitement matched mine and off we were!!

We had a few bad ideas, but it went kinda nowhere until I listened to "Completely Normal" by Tom Segura.

His bit about Steven Seagal triggered a memory of a rumor about Master Seagal and HM the King of Sweden hangin' out, and I started imagining the two of them in a insane 80's buddy-cop movie..

Next sunday, we have a table at the very comic-con that spawned the idea.
    And fingers-crossed, the box with 500 copies of "Steven 'n' King" #1 will have arrived on time to be there with us!

For those who can't make it to Uppsala, we'll release a free online-version(low rez) on the same day HERE.

I just put up a four-page teaser at the same PLACE.

Keep in mind that we are not writers or artists, don't expect too much from this. It's pretty stupid.

But we want to make more of these (and better), and any creative criticism would be super dope!

(ex: I have after sending this to the printer(of course) evaluated my stance on using genitalia as cusswords, and I swear never to do that again!)

I hope you'll find some kind of entertainment from this!​

--- merged: Apr 1, 2016 7:06 AM ---
    Ok.. "HERE" and "PLACE" was supposed to be links, but it appears to not have worked..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
  2. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

No, it really isn't. :)

It's bizarrely entertaining, and... different.

Also quite hilarious.

I think your unconventional approach sets it apart from the typical offerings out there; I would stick to it. (I'm no comic book expert by any means, but I would read the rest of it.)

3. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

As would I.

Good stuff man.

4. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

Thanks for reading, and the kind words!

I'm so psyched right now.
    The books left the printer in Germany last night, so the chance of actually have a physical product to sell this sunday is looking pretty good!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

WOOHOO! We made it! The books are in my car right now!

And I've prepared a store on the website that launches on sunday where a high-res PDF or CBZ can be purchased if you're not into the whole ads-thing with the free version.

It feels kinda surreal to actually for once have followed through with a crazy idea, and we got this far.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

I was hoping I could edit the title of this thread, but I don't know if it's possible..

The book is LIVE!!! Follow the same link as before and read the whole thing!!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

We're having an issue with the Spotify playlist; for some reason it's not public.

We're working on it..

We've sold 41 copies so far!!
    We were hoping to sell 10 yesterday at my towns small con but we ended up selling 26, and my LCS ordered 10 copies to sell that were delivered and paid today.

Quite overwhelming actually,.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Congratulations!

The world needs more artists and art.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

+1 for the Demolition Man reference. :)

Also, is that your cameo appearance on page 9 as an unconscious body on the bar room floor?

10. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

Thanks for reading it!!

Yeah, I'm a sucker for unsolved mysteries, especially that one..

Yes, that is me! And the dude getting punched Batman '66-style is the co-creator.
    I had this idea about us getting beat up in every issue.
    --- merged: Apr 12, 2016 9:09 AM ---

Thanks man!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2016
  11. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

This is probably an issue with the old software on my old computer, but I thought that I'd mention it.

When I clicked on the link (the big red HERE on my screen) in Snoogan's signature, the comic book showed up just fine---but---it completely took over my screen.

12. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

It's not supposed to.. And it works for me in chrome and Explorer. I hope it's just you, then!