1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

i normally dont do this

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Mar 21, 2017.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

I normally don't share things like this, but this one hits home for me.
    let me say that if this shouldn't be here please feel free to remove it.
    I know this gentleman personally, and have for many years. He does the same thing that I do (trans work) at another dealer. I taught him a lot of what he knows. please atleaset read the story. long story short their insurance sucks balls.

WWW.GOFUNDME.COM/EARSFORBRYLEIGH

2. ralphie250

if nothing else, atleaset pray or whatever you do.

I am meeting him for lunch today and am personally donating to the fund, but I will give him cash. I asked him what he preferred. he said either was fine with him but what I didn't know was that that page keeps a certin percentage of the funds raised. that's why im giving him cash

3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Dealing with medical insurance can be a goat fuck. If the ins. co. doesn't classify the treatment as "necessary," the insured gets screwed.

It's insane--but not uncommon--that the manufacturer no longer supports their own product.
    ---Please purchase our product. Thank you for purchasing our product. We're sorry to hear that you're having problems with our product. We're no longer manufacturing that product. We've stopped making parts for that product.---

Obviously I can't speak for the TFP Admin, but personally I don't see a problem with this thread.

--- Double Post Merged, Mar 21, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 21, 2017 ---
    I see a down side to cash, Ralphie. The page shows the percentage of money raised so far, and that helps motivate folks to donate. Or I could be totally wrong in my thinking.

------------

Some thoughts, a caution (that perhaps I should keep to myself????).

Another site on which I was very active had Please Help Out Such N. Such Member threads over the years. Most were absolutely legit. Very few were total frauds. The biggest problems were the ones that fell somewhere in between.

One guy had a fire in his small shop where he worked part-time for profit. Because he didn't properly add the shop to his homeowners policy (a mistake on his part, but you'd be surprised how many of us need to update/upgrade our HO policy and don't know it) the shop wasn't covered. That wasn't a problem, he seemed like a very decent guy.

But some things came to light. He was making payments on a late model nicely loaded HD motorcycle. He didn't "need" the bike, it was a luxury item. He had also let some mortgage payments slide, while making the bike payments. You could say that was personal and nobody's business. OTOH a case could be made for not giving him money because he had his priorities wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ralphie250

don't hold back, youre good

• Like Like x 2