1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Inbox by Gmail

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by redux, Oct 28, 2014.

1. redux

redux Very Tilted

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014
  2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I asked for an invite. I'd like to try it out.

3. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

It's been getting a lot of buzz. Since I don't use gmail it's not really applicable to me, but that's fine. I'm not sure I understand the point of it anyway.

4. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Is there any specific reason to use Gmail over any other public provider? I use my addresses on my own websites that I have full control over, and just use a fastmail.fm account on the free side of things.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  5. redux

redux Very Tilted

I got the invite yesterday. I requested the day before you.

I like the look and the interface but I could do w/o the auto bundling by subject (purchases, finance, social, updates, forums, promos). It is easy to unbundle and create your own groupings. The snooze and remind features let you get back to emails at a designated time and/or to send a reminder to yourself. The search feature works well (search emails by individual sender or all inbox) but if you "check" the email after reading, it is moved out of inbox (into archives, not deleted) and I dont think it would show up in a search,

I'll keep playing with it.

6. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

My husband got an invite I did via their Happy Hour last week. Sounds like he likes it so far.

7. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I haven't heard much about this since the initial buzz. Anyone actually using it yet?

8. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I use my personal vanity domain via gmail. It's fast, easy, simple, and searching for old emails is crazy fast and intuitive.

I just got an invite yesterday I haven't clicked it yet. I'll try it in the next day or so.

• Like Like x 1