1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Inspirational Images

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by PonyPotato, Aug 8, 2011.

1. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

Every now and then, I get into a funk. Usually a combination of the physical and mental, a time where I don't want to do anything but lay around because I'm feeling overwhelmed and something stressful broke me out of my exercise routine.

Sometimes, inspirational images help me get back out there. I don't mean demotivators - while those are amusing, they don't belong here. I mean images that make you want to MOVE and improve your life.

Images like these help a bit:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Looks down at gut... Gonna run today

3. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Opinions vary about the method itself—dogma, cult-like status, etc.—but Crossfit's website is a great place to find inspirational images, like these ones:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey, a girl can dream.

4. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

Speaking of Crossfit.. I'm going to a Crossfit intro next Tuesday. I fully expect to be dead on Wednesday. ;) Thanks for those images - they're fantastic!

5. greywolf

greywolf Slightly Tilted

It's as the old saying goes... busy people always have time to help you; people with nothing to do never have the time.

6. arkana

arkana Very Tilted

Amazing shots. Goes to show that the only limits are in the mind.

7. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Love me some strong women. Very inspirational pics

8. [​IMG]

If you really want to be inspired, read this story.

He truly is my hero.

9. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

10. Cockring New Member

Great images!!! *print*

11. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

Hard to describe, but I walked past this at least twice a day for a year, to and from practice (the entrance to the Horseshoe, i.e. Ohio State's football stadium). As much as I had a hard time due to my schedule, illness, studies, and relationship woes of the time, I always thought to myself "there's no place else I'd rather be right now." I still feel a total lack of fulfillment by not having finished my degree there, but anytime I see something like this, it just makes me more determined to find the time to get my master's from there to be able to say "I am a graduate of The Ohio State University", rather than saying "I used to be a Buckeye."

[​IMG]

12. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

[​IMG]

I've got plenty of inspirationals, just not exercise specific. These are pretty close though (with credit to Art of Manliness):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Remy

Remy Vertical

These are great images. I wish I had more of them around me at work or at the gym itself (of all places ya know?) Instead all I have are a bunch of nice butts on the treadmill/ellipticals in front of me. Which is great......but some motivational pictures would keep me going just as well. Its tough when you are tired, at the end of a day or mentally worn out. A little motivation or reminder goes a long way!

14. clarksdale

clarksdale Vertical

I've always liked this one, especially as it turns out I am growing old myself

Growing-Old-Is-Not-for-Sissies---Man-Magnet-C11749950.jpg

15. ^ dude is ripped for any age - impressive!

16. Quoting myself because Alex won the handbike division at the NYC Marathon today. An amazing man.

http://www.ingnycmarathon.org/Results.htm

• Like Like x 1
  17. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I found these videos incredibly inspirational recently (especially given the amount we've been using the rings lately at CrossFit!).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

Impressed with her pole dancing abilities. More research is needed on Jenyne Butterfly.

19. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Thanks for this. Totally blew me away.

Edit ... No way do I look like that silhouette, but that struggling guy reminds me of myself 6 years ago, when I was still relativly healthy ... had my mobility and was competing in British national ballroom championships. Without mobility, without the old habits of burning off as much energy as I used to, I AM still that inner guy, in spirit, but often feel like I am drowning in the softening and increased frailty of a lifestyle I cannot and will not accept. This last year, i have been able to be taken out on walks . It is a start. I don't want to turn into that flesh-mountain. Scares hell out of me.

Last edited: May 1, 2012