1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

is my daughters reaction to her mom in jail normal?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by D1924, May 22, 2017.

1. D1924 New Member

I am going to take my daughter to visit. Just looking for a good time. There are just a few more things I wonder

1. I managed to talk to one of the main guards that works at that jail. She said that since my daughter is a teenagers it is perfectly fine to take her. She also said use it as a learning experience (what does that mean do you think), and to simply present it as a punishment for wrong doing. What do you think about this?

2, my wife says bring her if she would like to and my daughter says she would like to but I don't know if it is a good idea. I am surprised my wife did not flat out say no. Does this show that she thinks it won't be so bad or that she wants to see her so badly that she doesn't mind her daughter seeing anything bad?

3. my daughter does want to go and she even said something like "mom is in jail and I want to visit, why are we braver than you". She seems kind of jokey about the situation, my daughter does not seem scared but instead seems excited and enthusiastic to visit. This is strange to me. Do you find this normal? My daughter seems to find the idea of her mom wearing a uniform, sharing a room funny. I wonder why she would think it is funny. Interestingly they have a good relationship

do you think my daughter feels it is kind of interesting to see the inside of a jail but not be a prisoner there?

thanks for any answers

2. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Have you asked your daughter these questions? What did she say?
    I'm pretty sure there's no "normal" for this situation to serve as a baseline for comparison.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

It would've better if you had added an update to the thread you previously started

Is there a benefit letting my 14 year old visit her mom in jail?

so that all of the information is consolidated in one thread. It's much easier for folks to follow one thread rather than trying to follow the three (two previous, now this one) threads.

It's also considered good forum etiquette.

• Like Like x 1
  4. *Nikki*

*Nikki* Slightly Tilted

Haven't most of these questions been answered already in your other post?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2