1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Kung Fury: This film has GOT to get MADE!

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Baraka_Guru, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

You're going to want to check this out, @Plan9

'Kung Fury' Is The Over-The-Top 80s Renegade Cop Movie We've Been Waiting For

This is an awesome indie movie project banking off of '80s action film tropes/styles/stereotypes (and well beyond). They ran low on funds, and so they went to the Internet for help.

There's a Kickstarter for it, and it raised $300,000 in four days thanks to over 8,000 supporters. (The target was $200,000, and it's currently over $400,000.) KUNG FURY by Laser Unicorns — Kickstarter (No, really, check this out.)

They posted a trailer on YouTube on December 26, 2013. It now has over 5.3 million views.

Behold the glory. Be sure to watch it in HD, but be sure you're sitting down. (I warned you.)

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72RqpItxd8M

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Ha ha!

Thanks for drawing my attention to this again, @redravin .

I just peeked at their Kickstarter page. They received three times their goal: over $600,000.

Godspeed you, Laser Unicorns!

• Like Like x 1