1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Late Night Munchies

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by CinnamonGirl, Aug 1, 2011.

1. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

So, when you're up late, and hanging out, say, on chat, and it's been a while since you ate dinner...what do you go for?

I usually want something breakfasty....pancakes, French toast, eggs, hash browns. Unfortunately, I'm extremely lazy at 2:30 in the morning, so unless someone's willing to drive to IHOP for me, I make something weird out of the pantry.

On weekends, I'm not watching my calories as closely as I am during the week, so a lot of times, I'll grab a tortilla, add some grated cheese and a ton of hot sauce, and BAM. Late night snack that is so very tasty.

I'm also a fan of toast...sometimes with butter and honey, sometimes peanut butter, sometimes something weird, like....BBQ sauce.

So, what do you crave late at night?

2. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

OK ... it is my 'late night' at the moment, and I have just finished off three rounds of toast with home made seville marmalade and two mugs of tea. Double mugs of tea are my regular drink for the small hours.

Regular go-to toast weirdnesses: toast with Worcester sauce, and toast with Balsamic vinegar :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

It really depends what I have on hand and how motivated I am to cook?

Really motivated, I will whip up some scrambled eggs.
    Moderately motivated, I will make toast with peanut butter.
    Lazy, I will eat some sort of left over (without heating it) or just grab a beer.

4. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Oooh, yeah. Cold pizza is also a favorite of mine.

5. Charlatan

Friday is pizza night at our place (homemade), so there is almost always some cold pizza in our fridge over the weekend.

6. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Try this sometime:

Fix a bowl/bag of popcorn. Grab a bag of M&Ms (best if put in the freezer ahead of time), I recommend pretzel, peanut, or dark chocolate M&Ms over regular ones. Dump the frozen M&Ms into the popcorn. The mix of salty, sweet, warm, and cold will blow your mind. :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. Charlatan

Borla, when I go to the movies, I usually get a hot, salted popcorn and add a bag of peanut M&Ms to the bag. It's the best.

8. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Good Man.:cool:

9. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Almonds. Nutritious, delicious, and they satisfy my need to munch. When it's late and I've already had a meal, I prefer something snacky.

10. Ice|Burn

Ice|Burn Getting Tilted

Am I the only one that doesn't get the munchies at night? Any time after like 9:30 and I just don't get hungry. Thirsty is a whole other matter though...

11. Cereal. I don't eat cereal very often, so it's kind of a treat.

12. This is one of my FAVORITES!!! I like to add dry roasted peanuts to the mix too.

Like Ice Burn, I am mostly thirsty at night.

13. Ice|Burn

Ice|Burn Getting Tilted

I do this, but with plain M&M's. I love getting a handful of popcorn and then a few "hot" M&M's and tossing it all into my mouth. The chocolate gets melted in the shell, but doesn't make a mess. *drool*

14. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

my 'late night' hours are somewhere around dinner time or bedtime for the kids. 0200 or thereabouts is my normal lunch time and that will vary depending on what I buy or possibly bring with me.

I do tend to eat something when I get home at 7ish though. Just what may depend on what i am feeding the kids though.

15. CoffeeBee

CoffeeBee Slightly Tilted

I have not been staying up late enough to get the late night munchies. But, when I do, Cool Ranch Doritos are still my go to snack. Seems anything salty will do actually. Pita chips and hummus are another good one.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

It's no secret, folks: The amount of sweet love I've made to breakfast cereal between 1000 and 0400 is measured in truckloads.

Quaker Cinnamon Squares. Cheerios. Miniwheats. Just about anything made by Kashi. I will nom them, I will nom them all.

• Like Like x 1
  17. jewels

jewels New Member

This. :) Breakfast anytime.

18. Liquor Dealer

Liquor Dealer Vertical

Cheetos! Not the puffy wet paper tasteless puffy ones - the gnarly original style that leave your fingers coated with color!

19. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Pita chips... so I try not to keep them in the house.
    100-cal bags of lime and salt or salt and pepper popcorn, trail mix (fills me up fast for the least amount of food), a coconut milk yogurt, a slice of cheese, rice cake with some natural PB and a sliced banana or strawberry slices.
    I'm a notorious snaked and trying to quit that habit.

20. lionrock

lionrock Getting Tilted

Peanut butter from the jar, milk from the carton....Clean up time? One spoon.