1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Live and/or Acoustic Performances

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Random McRandom, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

Drunk Dave makes me smile.

Tim Reynolds is a god. Feel free to add to the thread. Genres are not important.

2. psykosis

psykosis Getting Tilted

--- merged: Sep 14, 2011 4:47 PM ---

3. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

My Godess.

Recovering from chemo at the moment :( fingers crossed.

4. BadNick

BadNick Getting Tilted

I always have a soft spot for this one:

5. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

My recent favourite is David Phelps doing an incredible job on "O Holy Night". Also features Anthony Burger doing his always brilliant work with the piano.
    This would be from late 2000 at the latest just going by who is alive on the stage behind David.

6. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

REALLY hate the normal radio version of this song, but kind of dig the acoustic.

7. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

With the exception of the two posted by psykosis, I haven't heard any of these. Good stuff. Acoustic can change a song dramatically and often times I find it to be much better.

8. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I've been really digging the Avett Brothers lately. I only just recently found out about them.

Here a live and acoustic performance of one of my favourites of theirs:

9. psykosis

psykosis Getting Tilted

Agree on the comment about an acoustic version changing the song. Here are a couple examples from some smaller bands I follow:

Seasons After:

-full

-acoustic

Pop Evil:

-full

-acoustic

10. Very few artists can cover another song and make it their own. Edwin McCain comes pretty close to that.....

11. Fly

Fly music is the answer

electric

acoustic

12. CaptainBob

CaptainBob Slightly Tilted

This looks like a fun concert!