1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Lollipop

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by genuinemommy, Nov 20, 2014.

1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I have a Google nexus.
    Last night I installed a system update.
    Now I have the super-duper awesome new version of android. It is called Lollipop.
    Apparently Google released it to just a few users so far or something. My husband is super jealous. Pretty good birthday gift if you ask me.

Have you used lollipop? What do you think?

Do you have a Nexus? Do you like it?
    This is a significant upgrade from my iphone 4. I've had the Nexus for about 6 months now, and I love how seamlessly it runs. I use google for just about everything (e-mail, calendar, hangouts) so it's very nice to have it seamlessly a part of my phone.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Lollipop got pushed on to my Nexus 7 on Tuesday! My only issue is that it keeps crashing certain applications. Google Search stops responding fairly frequently, and Facebook arbitrarily disappears. However, those are the only hiccups I've seen. I like the updated Google Now a lot, as I use it all the time to keep track of sports games and scores, weather, traffic, and other things. I LOVE that I can choose how notifications show up on my lock screen, as I want them to show up, but I don't want everything visible (some friends have no SFW filter).

I think we got it sooner rather than later because we have Google-direct devices. I'm wondering when it will push out to my Samsung Galaxy S4. It'll probably be a while.

• Like Like x 1
  3. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Hubby has a Nexus as well, and his coworker. They haven't been offered the update yet.

4. snowy

Huh. Guess we got lucky!

• Like Like x 1
  5. aquafox

aquafox Getting Tilted

what model Nexus?? I've got the original one and I was thinking eventually I need to stop updating it to keep things from getting bloated.

6. snowy

I'm disappointed with the stability. It crashes randomly and Google Now has completely ceased to function.

7. I was curious on this point. Reviews have mentioned some issues, and I have been debating whether I really want the upgrade when HTC rolls it out in a couple of months...or if I will even have a choice.

8. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

I got a Nexus 6 last week. As with every Nexus and major Android version release, it's a huge leap forward and broken in new and different ways (display scaling is wacky and oh boy do I hope for your sake that you don't need certificates for any WiFi networks you use daily because that's how often you're going to have to reinstall them.) Oh, and the memory leak is probably going to be fixed in 5.0.3 if they don't just admit 5.0 is a disaster and go directly to 5.1

• Like Like x 1