1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for SF recommendations

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by fattyjack, Jul 13, 2014.

1. fattyjack New Member

I'm in the mood for a specific kind of science fiction novel, but I'm having a hard time finding any titles that I have not already read. Basically, I would like to read a novel set on an alien planet and told from an alien perspective. One without any humans at all would be preferable. Something like the middle portion of Asimov's The Gods Themselves, with a nice, interesting, well-worked-out alien culture.

Does anyone have any suggestions? More recent books would probably be better, but older books would be welcome as well.

2. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I might suggest John Brunner's Crucible of Time.
    It takes place on an alien planet with never a human in sight.
    It's their entire history and development, how they deal with major crisis.
    Brunner isn't one for hand holding so the book can be a challenge but well worth it.