1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Borla, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Ozmanitis

Ozmanitis Trust in your will and Hope will burn bright!

Now I know your not knocking the Joss Man, True he did have a hand in a few (how shall we say it?) candy-ass movies (Dr Horrible and the original Buffy comes to mind, and few not so great Disney cartoons) but look at what he did with Firefly, Serenity, Angel, and the Avengers. I think with Kasden they would bring back what Star Wars lost in the per-quels

I have to agree with Baraka, I love what they did in the new Star Trek. and I'm a huge Trekker.

2. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I do like the new take on these characters, they just need to stay the hell away from the action film/michael bay look that brought down the last one. I will give this next one every to stand or fall on its own.

3. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

Just ask CinnamonGirl how I feel about Joss Whedon...

overrated, washed up, pedantic, fluff and a horrible writer on top of it. The ones you mentioned as good stuff... well.. they weren't good either. Avengers was bearable but it doesn't make up for the rest of his fluff.

4. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Wow. Are you still that bitter over the death of John Hughes?

Move on, man.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_9sB92dJzM

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  5. Ozmanitis

Come on Glory, don't hold back. How do you really feel about him? LOL

6. aquafox

aquafox Getting Tilted

I do have keep faith... they can't really mess it up more soo than lucas did over the last few years

7. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

So it looks like these new films will not be episodes 7 and up. They will be films set in the Star Wars Universe. Disney is aiming to do with Star Wars what they are doing with Marvel -- different story lines, same Universe, possible Avengers-like crossovers.

Who's up for a Boba Fett film!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Baraka_Guru

The very thought of this just made me scorch my shorts.

Thanks.

9. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Damn you are hard to please.

Feel good movies are feel good.

10. Random McRandom

It's not that I'm hard to please... it's more like I expect things to be written a certain way in order to be engaged by them. If I wanted to stare mind-numbingly at fluff, I'd watch stuff like The Office, Parks & Rec etc etc. Whedon gets a fuckload of cash to write things and he never makes anything worth while.

Plus, I have friends in the biz that have worked with him and what I've said is mild (by far) in comparison to how they feel. :shrug:

To each their own.

11. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I was busy ignoring Glory's Sun 's Whedon-bashing, when I noticed something...

What, what, whaaaaaat?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Random McRandom

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cinn

You have to take my stuff with an entire shaker of salt. I look at this shit from the biz perspective. Trust me. Everyone hates watching movies/tv with me because I'm always pointing out shit that's wrong/annoying and how to fix it. cynthetiq knows what I'm talkin' about... his wife does the same fuckin' thing.

You wanna really see me get crazy, try watching any of the Spartacus crap with me.

13. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Yeah, all the disgusting sweaty man-on-man hate-love makes it difficult to sit next to you and third thumb.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Psssh...like I take anything you say to heart ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Baraka_Guru

You're like the Grammar Nazi of film and television media.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Random McRandom

when I start yelling about horrible keys, feathers, digitization, move-matches and the insane overuse of speed ramps...

damn. I'm not even watching tv and it's pissin' me off.

but... about that third thumb.................................

17. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

So, basically, it's a horrible live action comic book with way too much gore and and enough sex random sex to keep it amusing?

Sounds like the right formula for the next 3 Star Wars flicks to me.

It belongs in your wife. Or a UNCC junior. Definitely not on this forum.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Random McRandom

Freshman

Geez, don't you know anything?

Freshman girls are eeeeeasy.

19. Ozmanitis

Now that's funny

20. Baraka_Guru