1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Borla, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I loved Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. I am really glad to hear they are finally making sequels to these films.

The Star Wars universe is so large. So much to explore. The one story I would really like to see would be the origins of Darth Vader. I am surprised they haven't made this already. It seems a natural progression for the Universe.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Harrison Ford won't answer questions about Star Wars from Jimmy Kimmel. When questions come from the audience, all hell breaks loose.

View: http://youtu.be/7T0vs9gYydo

• Like Like x 3
  3. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

*two thumbs up*
    --- merged: Apr 18, 2013 at 12:06 PM ---
    They should do an entire film dedicated to those war heroes Jek Porkins and Biggs Darklighter. Couldn't be any worse than those films that are rumored to exist* that show some godawful floppy-eared character that never gets the death he deserves within 5 minutes or sooner of appearing onscreen.

*fortunately we know better, that would be like (random example) making 2 or 3 films showing Spiderman as a whiny bitch.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
  4. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  5. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Chewie be playing Mr. Coppafeel.

6. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

• Like Like x 2
  7. OtherSyde

OtherSyde Slightly Tilted

I think it could go well, although it will certainly feel different than the orginal trilogy. I used to sort-of like Star Wars back in the 80's and earlier 90's, back when it still was considered "ahead of its time" and "visionary" and before it was a ridiculously played-out parody of itself and attached at the hip to a series of cultural cliches revolving around fandoms comprised of fat virgin nerds. Honestly though, even sans those things, I just wouldn't hold any more interest in it, because they're so god damn wholesome. Where is the chaos, the traumatic violence, the avant-garde sexual stuff, and the abundant morally "flexible" (meaning unstable and borderline-depraved at times) characters that I so live for nowadays? Alas, I'm tainted and jaded, and there is no going back to what once was.

Still though, the new ones have GOT to be better than Episode I, that was such a steaming shit-loaf. Episode II just sort of felt like it meandered around a lot without any real point, which is the fate of a lot of "middle-children" of trilogies. Here's hoping, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rezudo

rezudo Vertical

im sorry but who the hell jek porkins and biggs darklighter?

9. Baraka_Guru

You're acting like you've never heard of the Battle of Yavin before.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rezudo

rezudo Vertical

battle of yavin? is that star wars or has my peyote kicked in?

11. Baraka_Guru

12. rezudo

rezudo Vertical

i have but wtf is battle of yavin?

is this a wind up?

haze the new guy or something?

is this like everyone should know this or only a die-hard would know?

13. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Before you break @baraka_guru, it's battle where Luke blows up the Death Star in Episode 4. I'll just go ahead and suggest that maybe you need to do a bit more refreshing of your memory of the films before you try to play with the nerds.

14. rezudo

rezudo Vertical

wait a minute is that the scene where he shoots a grenade down that chimney thing and the WHOLE death star blows up?
    i remember thinking this is stupid and i switched off until leya in the gold bikini

15. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Too bad. In that case you missed the scene where Captain Kirk was riding a horse down the beach with Nova in a fur bikini on the back and realizes that he was on Earth all along. That's because Will Smith punched him the jaw and said "Welcome to Earf".

• Like Like x 3
  16. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

[​IMG]

In other news, rumor has it the working title for Episode VII is The Ancient Fear. Hmmm.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Baraka_Guru

Not to nit-pick, but it was a proton torpedo, not a grenade, that was fired into the exhaust port.

And it's Leia, not Leya, and she wore a brass bikini outfit, not gold. But that doesn't happen until two movies later in Return of the Jedi, so you'd have to wait quite a while with it switched off.

18. rezudo

rezudo Vertical

proton torpedo/grenade thingy whats the difference
    gold/brass shes in a bikini
    once you start something you have to finish, which is why when i saw the phantom menace i had to see the other two...i still have the nightmares

19. Baraka_Guru

Depending on the model, up to either a megaton or a gigaton difference.

You do realize it's a slave outfit, right?

Yet you switched off Episode IV? What happened...?

20. rezudo

rezudo Vertical

Yet you switched off Episode IV? What happened...?[/quote]

yeah i didnt actually turn it off i just watched it without payin it serious attention (well until i saw lightsabers that is)