1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

MediaPortal anyone?

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by jewels, Aug 7, 2011.

1. jewels

jewels New Member

I've been hearing a lot about this program lately and am considering downloading for my laptop.

Has anyone been using it? Is it as good as they say? Tilted expert experience and advice appreciated!

2. ace0spades

ace0spades Slightly Tilted

I prefer XBMC. I switched over from MediaPortal and haven't looked back. The only advantage MediaPortal has over XBMC is that it can handle live TV.

3. Freeload

Freeload Getting Tilted

XBMC for mee to. Was my first media center software (modded Xbox) and although I've tried both MP and Boxee I still end up with XBMC on all my computers.

4. jewels

jewels New Member

Thanks! I'll definitely have to check out XBMC.

5. Freeload

Freeload Getting Tilted

Cool. Be sure to check out the different skins, as they affect both the look and feel of XBMC. Project Mayhem III is my favourite - probably for nostalgic reasons.