1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Meltdown - The Men Who Crashed the World

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by Charlatan, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I was just introduced to the CBC documentary, Meltdown. It's a four-part documentary that explores the financial meltdown down of 2008. The first part is below and the remaining three parts can be screened on the Al Jazeera English site, HERE.

In other threads on TFP there has been talk of not having names or faces of bankers on Wall Street that are to blame for what happened. This documentary reminds us of some of those who are responsible. It also shows us what deregulation of the banking sector (globally) did.

Watching part one, I was familiar with some of the players and some of what happened. I was amazed at how little much of this seems to get talked about anymore. It's as if there is a collective amnesia in the press. A concerted effort to sweep this under the rug and keep what happened vague.

I wonder why that is?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

I look forward to watching this series.

Thanks for pointing it out and providing the links.