1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

MLB HoF Ballot announced today.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Baseball Hall of Fame 2015: Ballot includes Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, John Smoltz | MLB | Sporting News

The BBWAA is dumb. I hate that writers make up their own rules for what they consider vote-worthy. Some guys literally NEVER vote for first ballot players. Others always vote for a set number of people. It's just stupid that there is such inconsistency and lack of direction.

For instance, who DIDN'T vote for Greg Maddux? 16 voters decided he wasn't worthy?
    Jim Rice wasn't worthy for 14 years, but was on the 15th? What did he do exactly to change his credentials?

/stops self before the rant continues....

Anyway, it seems clear to me that Johnson is in. He'll likely be a 90%+ guy. Martinez I think will be lower, but will get there. It starts dropping off at Smoltz, though I think he is worthy and will get in. Biggio will likely make it. I think everyone else is going to be on the outside looking in.

Thoughts?