1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Music on TV...what's shows produce a good soundtrack?

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by ZombieSquirrel, Jun 22, 2015.

1. There are a lot of movies with good soundtracks, but what about TV shows?

I confess that I watched the L Word even though it pissed me off because no LGBTQ person I knew lead a life like that of Bette And Tina and their friends. (Side note... I will always hate Jenny) A lot of lady artists I like can be heard while watching that show. Sleater-Kinney, Erin McKeowen, Tegan and Sara, and more. It's disappointing because I hated the theme song.

This shouldn't have made me as happy as it did: The L Word Music - TuneFind

That find all started with the thought of "What was that one Sleater-Kinney song was on the L Word?" FYI, it was Jumpers and it was performed as part of the show in Season 3, episode 6.

Is there a TV show you watch that has awesome music? Who are some of the artists that are featured?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  2. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I have to go with a radio show - Pete Kelly's Blues
    A short lived series from 1951 starring Jack Webb.
    --- merged: Jun 22, 2015 at 6:49 PM ---
    ....and The Jack Benny Program on radio as well. The singing commercials with the Sportsman Quartet are superb and the weekly song by Kenny Baker/Dennis Day/Larry Stevens (depending on the year) is always a treat.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Empire has a great soundtrack. I've enjoyed it immensely!

• Like Like x 1
  4. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

True Blood always seemed to make good music choices.
    So did The Sopranos.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DamnFinn

DamnFinn New Member

How about the theme from Hill Street Blues ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

I admit I have this tune on my iPod. There are a few others.

Hmm, let's see, TV theme music. Mission: Impossible. Wild Wild West. Law & Order. The Munsters. Get Smart. Hogan's Heroes. The Ghost & Mrs. Muir. Secret Agent Man. Captain Kangaroo.

(You can probably calculate my age from that list of shows.)

Also The Syncopated Clock (from the Late Late Show) and The Magnificent Seven (movie theme used in Marlboro ads).

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir is one of my favourite films. Gene is of course gorgeous and her acting very solid. Poor Rex got to appear with her onscreen but couldn't even touch her arm until the final scene.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

I did not know until this moment that it was a movie!

9. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I've never sat down to watch Supernatural, but Eden binge-watched it...and the soundtrack was awwwwwesome. BTO, Def Leppard, CCR, Blue Oyster Cult, Asia, Kansas, Foreigner... so much classic rock.

10. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Mr. Robot and Sense8 are my two most recent fun music shows.