1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Needing some anniversary ideas.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sunshineandshadows, Sep 9, 2011.

1. sunshineandshadows

sunshineandshadows New Member

My one-year anniversary with my boyfriend is coming up and I need some ideas. I still have a while because our anniversary isn't until November 9th, but I'll go back and forth between ideas and mentally try to plan them out so I need to start thinking about them now.

I don't have a 'real' job, but I just recently got into selling Avon products, so that's my only income. I'm a full-time college student (Pell Grant! haha) and live between my parent's house and my boyfriend's (multiple other people live at his place and there isn't much room). With all of that said, it's pretty obvious I'm broke, but I may be able to save up between now and then if I try really hard.

Anyone have any good ideas?
    We go out to eat/see movies a lot, so that wouldn't be much fun.
    We're in the Columbus, Georgia area if that helps!

2. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

The best gift someone could give me would be their sincere time. I'd just want a date that's all about the 2 of us, doing the things we love.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Is your boyfriend into video gaming?
    The new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 video game is coming out on 11-8-11.
    Not much fun for you, maybe, but think of how much joy it would bring the boyfriend. :D

Hope you have a good anniversary, what ever route you go.

4. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I've always enjoyed getting a card and a smooch, but I'm kind of simple. ( I pretend to hate the attention, so I get more of it )

• Like Like x 1
  5. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

This doesn't quite add up to me. But anyway.

How about a nice picnic meal somewhere? Get a nice basket, nice tableware, make something really nice to eat and surprise him with a short hike somewhere private and pretty.

6. actinic New Member

When my wife and I were dating, she was in uni and I was working. Our first anniversary fell on a weekday and I arrived at her apartment lit by assorted mish mash of "used" votive and stick candles in bottles leading to a nice candle light dinner of frozen store bought pizza topped with extra roasted veggies, sausages and cheese finished with a 6-pack of beer and a stack of old school King-fu movies. After 12+years together, it's still the best and most memorable anniversary we've had. She begs to differ :p

• Like Like x 1