1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Netflix and Marvel's Daredevil

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Baraka_Guru, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

"I'm just trying to make my city a better place."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC7GPdBV9WQ

Although I'll readily admit that I've been suffering from superhero fatigue, I'm really looking forward to this. Despite the Affleck feature film, I've always liked the Daredevil property. I think maybe because it has some similarities to Batman. I don't know. (I also like the Punisher.)

Anyway, the teaser looks fantastic.

It stars Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil and Vincent D'Onofrio as the Kingpin, plus a bunch of others.

Is anyone else going to check this out?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I gave up Netflix for Lent. Some of their original programming is trying to call me back though. I always liked DD also, except for the Affleck film, of course. I may have to 'borrow' my brother's Netflix to watch it. D'Onofrio as Kingpin sounds like it's either going to be great, or terrible, but entertaining either way.

3. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

WHAT!?!?!?!? Why is KingPin a White guy!??!?!?!? Talk about whitewashing hollywood!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Baraka_Guru

Did you just admit that your only reference point for Daredevil is through Ben Affleck?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I was similarly confused with Kingpin in the Affleck film, but decided there was nothing particularly, necessarily 'white' about the character. Mr. Duncan, I thought, was a pretty good choice overall.

6. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Has to be better than the horrible Ben Affleck film.
    My only real exposure to this character has been through that film, so I have no expectations based on however the source comics have gone.

7. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I'm looking forward to this and the Jessica Jones.
    Jessica has one hell of a cast including David Tennant as a villain, The Purple Man.
    The actress playing Jessica is Krysten Ritter who played The Huntress on Arrow, was on Breaking Bad and did a great job on the comedy Don't Trust the B in Apt. 23.
    Lance Gross is playing Luke Cage and Carry Anne Moss (Matrix, duh) is playing a as yet unnamed character.

For anybody unfamiliar with the story, Jessica is a super hero who goes through a horrible event and hangs up her cape.
    She sets up a private detective agency dealing with cases involving heroes.
    She is Luke Cage's girl friend and will be the stepping off point for his own show.

This is going to rock.

8. Baraka_Guru

SOLD!

• Like Like x 2
  9. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

• Like Like x 3
  10. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I can't wait for the Defenders film.

11. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

As a long time comic fan...I'm not complaining about any of this.

My only thing is...do it right, do it well.

Marvel has figured it out for the most part...finally.
    So I'll forgive them their little faux pas films from the past.

DC is getting better at it.

I've never been one for Daredevil, but Kingpin was always one of my favorite villains.

I've got Netflix, I'll give it a go.
    But they better do the fearless acrobatics and super senses right...or they'll lose me.

12. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I understand your fear about Daredevil.

But seriously, David Tennant, Krysten Ritter and Cary Anne Moss!!!!!

13. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

Totally looking forward to Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist, and the eventual Defenders miniseries.

I have no conception of what this "superhero fatigue" is that @Baraka_Guru speaks of.

I am currently watching Agent Carter/Agents of SHIELD, Gotham, Flash, Arrow, Constantine, and the animated Avengers series. I will add as many as they make, if they keep making them as good (or at least as watchable, in the case of Gotham) as what's out there now. Add on theatrical movies, fine, I'll watch that shit too. This is like Heaven for me. My inner teen geek has a permanent comics boner.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Charlatan

You can't blame Marvel for the earlier crap that came out. They didn't make those films/tv shows. Rather, they licensed their content/characters to production companies or studios. Marvel had little to no input.

Since the inception of Marvel Studios, and I think the first film out of that was Iron Man, they have done it in house and with much success.

They have had an unrivalled run of hits.

15. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I think the best Kingpin was voiced by Roscoe Lee Brown in the Spider-Man animated series in the mid 90's.

Vincent D'Onofrio certainly has the acting chops to do the character credit, but the Kingpin, while looking like a fat bulk, was actually quite muscular and agile.
    Hopefully Vincent can pull this off.

16. Charlatan

• Like Like x 1
  17. Charlatan

Thanks to Cyn for this:
    [​IMG]

Which movie studios own which Marvel characters all in one infographic - Business Insider

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  18. Baraka_Guru

Official trailer!

OMG Kingpin!

"When I was a kid, I used to dream what it
    would be like to live somewhere far away from
    Hell's Kitchen. But I realized the city was a
    part of me. It was in my blood, and I would
    do anything to make it a better place."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAy6NJ_D5vU

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Charlatan

I can't wait. I've always liked the Kingpin and while Spider-Man was always my read, I enjoyed the occasional Daredevil from time to time. Excellently tortured.

20. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

How did I not know this is coming? Sooooo looking forward to this one.