1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Netflix and Marvel's Daredevil

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Baraka_Guru, Feb 4, 2015.

1. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

New trailer, so cool.

2. redravin

Who is marathoning this now?

3. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I'm trying to stop watching. Three episodes in.

So good.

4. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Can't wait to get home to watch. One week to go!

5. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

Two episodes in, and loving it! The brutality of both the bad guys and fight scenes caught me by surprise.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Baraka_Guru

• Like Like x 1
  7. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

Just finished binge-watching the first season. SO fucking good! Holy fucking shit was that awesome. Great acting, great writing, excellent visuals, amazing fight scenes. Lots of changes from the comic, of course, but extremely faithful to the characters, and to the overall feel of the comic at its best.

I can't fucking wait for Season Two. And I'll be even more interested in Jessica Jones, which is the next one coming out. Already looking forward to Luke Cage and Iron Fist, which are supposed to be up after that.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Baraka_Guru

A good sign: I finished watching the show on the weekend. I'm still thinking about it.

Not many shows/movies have had the privilege of living in my head so predominantly for so long.

• Like Like x 1
  9. omega

omega Very Tilted

Watched the first two episodes. Definitely got pulled into it. I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

10. Baraka_Guru

11. Charlatan

I am on episode three and can't wait to finish this. I am watching it with my wife, so binge watching is not an option.

• Like Like x 1
  12. omega

omega Very Tilted

Just finished episode 11. One detail that caught my eye and impressed me was the speaker setup in Fisk's apartment. That detail usually falls to the wayside. But Fisk had a pair of B&W 800 series speakers. Even had the accompanying center channel. Those are legit. Depending on which model would run 10 to 20 thousand for the setup. Nice design touch.

13. DamnFinn

DamnFinn New Member

I watched all 13 episodes in 2-3 days. At first the first few minutes of episode one I stopped. Then a few days later being bored I tried the show again; it snagged me.
    There is some great dialogue that has been written and the plotting continues to improve.

14. Xazy Vertical

I enjoyed it.

I am ready for season 2. Now!

15. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

Finished it yesterday, loved all of it! I really enjoyed Fisk's arc in it, a nice change to really get to know the villain instead of him just being an evil force. Very excited to see what happends with the loose ends in the next season!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I liked his story arc, as well.

I just finished the last episode a few minutes ago. Very much enjoyed every episode. Wow! I had concerns about Vincent D'Onofrio pulling off Fisk, but no more.
    A few times during the season I was pulled out of the Fisk character and saw Private Pyle, but not many times, and when he was telling the Samaritan story, I really felt the evilness come across from Fisk.
    What will Kingpin do now? Stay tuned till next year!

Btw, I'm not happy about Daredevil's new costume, but it's better than the black suit.
    Too bad we couldn't get a costume more like the opening theme wax costume. Oh well, just me being picky.

We have a fucking great Daredevil series!!

17. redravin

The perfect video and it earwig.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Charlatan

I like the new costume. It's certainly better than Affleck's. If I have any quibble, it's in the headgear. The rest of it, as a lightweight suit ofarmour, looks great.

And I agree, we have an excellent Daredevil series. I can't wait to see the other Netflix Marvel series.

It's too bad that Daredevil will not likely be inCivil War. That would have been cool to see.

• Like Like x 1
  19. shortynickel

shortynickel New Member

thanks for posting this. I will have to check it out. I have been out of the netflix loop lately.

20. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

Is it, though?
    I mean; it surely looks dope as fuck, and works with the "realism" of the series.
    But Affleck's suit was THE daredevil suit.
    Even if you're not looking at the headpiece, you know it's Daredevil.
    Take away the headpiece on Charlie Cox, and it looks like he stole a Captain America suit, size small, and colored it. It's not bad, at all. I'm perfectly happy with it. It totally works in what the show is.
    But I really dig the aesthetics of comicbook costumes, and Affleck's nailed that in my opinion.
    --- merged: May 13, 2015 at 2:08 AM ---

[​IMG]
    Ahh yeah

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015