1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2012 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Since it's March, the NFL's 2012 Free Agent season officially begins in a few hours (midnight tonight I believe), and the draft is right around the corner, it's probably time to start the new season's discussion, eh?

The main thing on NFL fan's minds right now seems to be the Peyton Manning decision. Apparently it looks like the Cardinals and the Broncos are the front runners, with Miami also a consideration. Given everything, I think I'd choose Phoenix first, Broncos second, and Miami last. Miami is in the toughest division of those three, and I think would need the most help aside from QB to be really good. The Broncos have a nice line, a good D, and a fairly mediocre division, but the worst playing conditions. The Cardinals have a freak of a WR in Larry Fitzgerald, a great stadium, a mediocre to weak division, and I think he'd plug in nicely there.

I am guessing we'll know by the end of the week what the outcome is. Here is a recent story on the ongoing saga:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...wks-chiefs-manning-sweepstakes-012740075.html

2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

If im not mistaken reggie Wayne becomes a free agent also

3. Borla

Yup, from everything I've heard, he says he plans to sign wherever Peyton does.

4. Borla

It's all over Twitter that Denver is saying they are 95% sure they have Manning.

5. And from what I read over the weekend, if Denver signs Manning Tebow is gone.

This will be interesting.

6. Borla

I'm not a Tebow hater, but I never viewed him as a long term solution.

If Denver does sign Manning, they can only hope some other fan base (Miami? FL boy comes home after the Dolphins get dissed by Manning?)will be rabid enough to drive their GM to overpay for him in a trade.

7. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

I'd love to see Tebow "take his talents to South Beach". Lebron, Ozzie, and Tebow might be my 3 least favorite people in professional sports. I can try to corner the market on Miami hating.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Pixel

Pixel Getting Tilted

He could also go to Jacksonville, which would technically be more of a homecoming for him. Then Miami would probably grab Flynn.

9. Borla

Ozzie is awesome! :mad:

10. Fuck Lebron.

I'd like to see manning with the Cards over Broncos. I was pulling for the Seahawks, but knew that wasn't really a smart option.

11. Borla

I'd like to see him with the Cards as well, because I think he and Larry Fitzgerald could be epic together.

However, there is a morbid side of me that wouldn't mind him being in Denver, if only to destroy the Raiders twice a year. :p
    --- merged: Mar 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM ---
    In other NFL news:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...s-washington-redskins-lose-millions-cap-space

While I semi-dislike the Cowboys (more that I dislike their fans :p ), and have no love for the Redskins, I don't think this is entirely fair. They both took advantage of the system that was in place at the time. It seems to me that this is just a matter of the other owners not acting shrewdly enough to do so, then complaining after the fact.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  12. the_jazz

Fuck Ozzie. Fuck Ozzie up his stupid ass. I was at the Bartman game where he made the choking gesture to the crowd in the middle of the 6th. I was sitting right behind the first base dugout and saw it with my own eyes. He was a jackass as a player, he's a jackass now and he's got at least two jackass kids that contributed to him getting the boot from the Sox.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Borla

Good thing this is an NFL thread, or I'd taunt you a second time.

14. Borla

Supposedly Randy Moss just signed with the 9ers. If he is even 75% of what he was at his peak, that could help open things up for Gore.

15. Pixel

Pixel Getting Tilted

Provided Alex Smith can get him the ball.

16. Borla

Heard this morning on ESPN that the Bears are early favorites for Mario Williams. Which probably means the opposite.

17. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Don't get weirded out, I'm not the_jazz stalking you, but I'm going to start following you on here, because of your attitude. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. the_jazz

The Bears just traded two 3rd round picks for Brandon Marshall.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pixel

Pixel Getting Tilted

As a Packers fan, this makes me happy. Marshall is a great receiver, but he seems poised to explode (mentally not statistically).