1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs
Dismiss Notice
Guest, some new updates and fixes were done. Please let staff know if anything is funky or wonky!!!

NFL 2018 - 2019 Season

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Chris Noyb, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & don't criticize.

Most of the big name free agency (FA) signings are done, and the draft is approaching. What does this mean?

It's time for a new NFL thread!

------------------------------------

I'll start it off with my home team, the Texans.

The only major thing the Texans did in FA was bring in a defensive back. Which was a good move...but...they didn't manage to sign (or even seriously pursue???) an offensive lineman. Not good.

CJ Fiedorowicz very wisely retired. He suffered a couple of concussions last season, one of which kept him out for a few weeks. I don't know if his retirement caught the Texans off guard or not. IMO they should've been looking for his replacement after the serious concussion.

Cushing was cut (and retired). No surprise. He was getting injury prone, and without PEDs to speed his recovery time he was expendable. His second positive PED test, age, & injury history pretty much guaranteed his departure from the NFL.

------------------------------------

Some teams were very active in free agency. That doesn't necessarily mean the team will gel and live up to expectations. If it works for the Rams, they will be the new Kick Your Ass team in the NFL (yes, I'm pretty much repeating what has been widely reported). We'll see if Wade Phillips can recreate what he did with the Broncos (their defense made the PO and won the SB, not Peyton Manning and the offense).

2. Chris Noyb

I'll keep talking to myself.

The dallas cowgirls :mad:. They weren't very active in FA signings, trades, etc. because of salary cap issues. If they remain healthy, Dak returns to form (which as the fluke, his amazing rookie season, or his sophomore slump?), and Elliot stays out of trouble, they might just again be a serious contender. Yes, it pains me to admit that.

Case Keenum :). Will he prove to be a worthy starting QB, or was his success with the Vikings a fluke? I don't know enough about the Broncos to comment on what the team is like overall, but I'm pulling for Case. Case will make big $$$ under his current contract. If he isn't successful, in the sense that he plays well but not great--doesn't totally crash & burn--he'll be able to make good $$ as a reliable back-up.

Little johnny manziel :confused:. Dear sports media: Enough already :mad:!! Quit reporting on him wanting to return to the NFL, wait until he does something worth reporting. Even the CFL commissioner has doubts about him.

-----------------------------------

What your thoughts about your favorite team(s)?

3. Chris Noyb

35 Hilarious Fast Food Sign Fails Ever_.jpg

Will Mayfield give the Browns the spark they've been needing, or will he be a bust? I'm guessing both. He'll be exciting to watch, but will make plenty of mistakes. Long term? We'll see.

Buffalo Bills and Josh Allen. Allen wasn't spectacular in college against relatively weak competition.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dwinit

Dwinit New Member

I'm a Steelers fan and I think they did well in the draft and in free agency despite what some so called experts say.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there! Donor

Bills fan.
    It was exciting to see Allen in the Bills uniform, talking with Jim Kelly.
    I can't help but be optimistic.
    I have low expectations for this year but I'm getting excited about the next few years after.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

I don't get them picking Allen. Maybe he showed something special in the workouts that he didn't show in college.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 12, 2018, Original Post Date: May 12, 2018 ---
    Mason Rudolph could be the QB sleeper of the draft. If Big Ben stays healthy for the next few years--and obviously decides to play--Rudolph could benefit from the seasoning. Unlike some of the other QBs who might be asked to step up too soon.

The Texans have been criticized, rightfully so IMO, for not doing enough to improve offensive line. I think they're going to sign some solid veterans once other teams make further cuts during training camp and the preseason. They can concentrate on long-term players in the 2019 draft.