1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2023/2024 Season

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Chris Noyb, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

The Houston Texans enabled Deshaun Watson and tried to cover it up.

Now one of their minority owners, Javier Loya, is facing sexual assault charges.

Disturbing details emerge in case against Texans’ minority owner

If true, what happened was way outside of the control of the Texans, and the NFL. The big questions are who knew what when, why was it kept silent, & what actions are going to be taken.

Is it possible the NFL and team owners have a double standard :eek:?

2. Chris Noyb

What did Mahommes do to PO his receivers?

I'm happy for the Lions, but the Chiefs receivers gave the game to them.

3. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

LETS GO BUFFALO!
    There's one thing that sucks when your team gets good: They get a lot of prime time games.
    I loved it when I could watch the Bills play every Sunday at 1 pm.
    This year right off the bat we play on Monday night.
    The game will probably end between 1130 and midnight.
    Who has time for that on a workday?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

The NFL forces the networks to carry Texans games :rolleyes: :p. I'm surprised we don't get the games on replay at 3AM.

I'm actually looking forward this season. Hopefully the losses will at least be competitive games.

5. fflowley

I've been there, and you have my sympathies.
    Keep the faith.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

I was hoping for more from the Texans :(, but I also root for Lamar Jackson & the Ravens :eek:.

The Eagles started hot, then tried their best to let the Patriots win. One good thing is I bet Belichick's head was about to explode.

7. Chris Noyb

Are the Giants in for a very long season? I hope the cowgirls aren't actually that good.

8. Chris Noyb

So far all you've missed(?) is Josh Allen giving the game away. And Rodgers getting hurt - ankle - on the Jets first drive.

4th Q, 13-13, 2 minute warning, Jets are in what should be easy FG range. Now Jets 16-13.

Late edit: What a crazy ending!!

The 50 yard FG that almost wasn't.
    Thec4 and out.
    The run back.
    The accidental? intentional? leg whip.
    The pathetic wussy push tackle effort by the Bills #8.

I'm sorry, but the Bills deserved to lose (at least their offense did).

Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
  9. fflowley

Horrible.
    I was away on a work assignment with long hours so I went to bed at halftime.
    We were up 13-3, Rodgers was out of the game; what could possibly go wrong?
    I felt sick when I saw the score Tuesday morning.

10. Chris Noyb

Damn. The Vikings are 0-2 with both games being extremely close; I can hear Cousins saying "Gosh darn it!."

Somebody on YouTube made the comment Cousins is right at home in Minnesota.

11. fflowley

OK my faith in Josh Allen has been restored, at least for one week.
    He obviously can play smart football. Why are there weeks where he looks like a stupid rookie for an entire game?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chris Noyb

The Texans gave us some hope at about the halfway point left in the fourth quarter...then returned to playing like the Texans.

I send healing mojo to Athony Richardson and Ryan Kelly. I can only imagine the final score if they had played the entire game.

Bad football weekend for me:
    Cougars lose big, played like shit.
    Texans lose big, at least Stroud looks good on paper (garbage time stats are misleading, FGs aren't as good as TDs).
    Longhorns & Aggies win big.

--- Double Post Merged, Sep 18, 2023, Original Post Date: Sep 18, 2023 ---
    Hopefully game one was just jitters, & Allen is permanently back to playing well.

It was nice to see Belichick about to explode...again. The replay of the first down call that was overturned sure looked too close for a reversal, but there are many people who believe the Patriots are overdue for some payback for years of Protect the Patriots officiating. Exaggerated? Definitely. True? Definitely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

The Texans have company, some very unexpected, at 0-2. The better 0-2 teams will snap out of it to have good seasons, the Texans won't.

I've always felt the first four games don't always show the future for the next 13 games, unless you're talking about really bad teams and expectations destroyed by devastating injuries. The contenders will get their shit together, the pretenders will be exposed.

Something interesting caught my eye. It seems Deshaun Watson isn't handling pressure very well.

NFL will evaluate and discuss "all plays" involving Deshaun Watson infractions on Tuesday

14. Chris Noyb

WTH?

The Texans offensive line is missing most of the strarters, yet they have a 14-0 lead.

Will the Jags come back?
    Will the Texans D hold?

15. fflowley

70 points!
    This should be one hell of a Bills-Dolphins game on Sunday!
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 26, 2023, Original Post Date: Sep 26, 2023 ---
    Congrats to your team. Very well done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Chris Noyb

The Bills defense had better bring their A++ game. I'm a little conflicted. A Dolphins win would definitely improve their lead over the Patriots, but a Bills could use the win to improve their standing.

The Jags have to be scratching their collective head over the Texans Curse. Seriously there's no way the Texans are that much better than the Jags at this point.

Some MLB: WTF are the Astros doing? Trying to miss the POs? Yes, I know that many BB fans are still saying "Phuq the Astros!".

17. fflowley

I'm feeling much better as a Bills fan this evening.
    They thoroughly dominated the Dolphins.
    Maybe playing like shit against the Jets and losing their first game wasn't such a bad thing after all.
    Maybe it was a wake up call for a bunch of them.

And Chris how bout those Texans!:)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris Noyb

They surprised me. I'm starting to think DeMeco Ryans might know something about NFL defenses :D. Stroud is off to a great start. It's hard to directly compare him to Young & Richardson because each has missed a game.

I'm guessing you enjoyed the win over a division rival, & cowgirls stomping the Patriots. While I can't enjoy the 'girls winning, I can enjoy watching Belichick going nuts watching his team suck.

What is going on with the Bengals?

Who are you, & what have you done with the real Baker Mayfield?

The Astros did what they needed to win the AL West. I didn't want to see them in a wildcard game.

I feel for the Mariners, but they had their chance in two late season series against the Rangers & the Astros to greatly improve their position.

Jermall Charlo fought like shit, made little effort to even look like he was trying to beat Canelo Alvarez.

19. Chris Noyb

Nice long dash by Mahommes to help run out the clock. Now, am I the only one who saw the nice long hold by Donovan Smith?

Obviously we have no way of knowing if the Jets would've tied or won the game. Obviously the refs totally blew what should've been easy holding call. It wasn't a quick grab & release, it was a grab and hang on forever. It didn't happen in a crowd.

The questionable defensive hold was bad enough, the missed holding was the final straw.

Are the Chiefs and Reid being given the protective blessing once bestowed upon Brady, the Patriots, & Belichick?

WTF!? I can't even watch an NFL game without hearing about Skinny White Girl. I hear enough about her already.

20. Chris Noyb

Damn, Bills. Losing to the Jags?

Texans v Falcons. This early kicking the FG makes sense.

The UH Cougars didn't lose.....because they didn't play.

The longhorns & aggies lost. I never said this: They played well against top teams.