1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2023/2024 Season

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Chris Noyb, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

UH Cougars fired Dana Holgorsen today.

Not shocking :eek: news.

2. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

The McDermott era in Buffalo is being defined by losses in every crucial tight game they play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chris Noyb

Frank Reich, while still in his first season as HC of the Corolina Panthers, has been fired by owner David Tepper. Firing a HC without letting them finish a full season is rare in the NFL, barring a serious incident and/or controversy.

Tepper has done it twice...in back-to-back seasons. This isn't good, even with having Bryce Young to help attract a proven HC, and hopefully a successful OC.

I always thought Reich did a decent job under bad circumstances with the Colts. I don't know what the deal is with Young and the horrible Panthers' offense, but not giving Reich two years, or until at least the end of the season, sounds like a serious knee-jerk reaction.

4. fflowley

I'd say Reich should immediately go top of the list as a candidate to be OC for the Bills.
    He is beloved in Buffalo.

5. Chris Noyb

That could work out for everyone. Reich could reestablish himself as a winner, & figure out if being a HC is for him.

I'm curious to see if other teams pursue him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

7. Chris Noyb

8. fflowley

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chris Noyb

I was thinking the Bills wouldn't miss him.

The recantting has started. The general consensus is the Dallas PD will proceed with charges.

10. Chris Noyb

College football...
    You think there are some parties in Tuscaloosa right now?

11. Chris Noyb

A first time college head coach:

Runs his mouth about how great his program is going to be.
    Starts the season 3-0, finishes 4-8.
    Has three top recruits decommit from the university.
    Has three assistant coached leave.

Said head coach is named Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the Year.

Sports Illustrated must really like the taste of Deion Sander's **** and ***.

Edit: I admit to being biased because I seriously dislike Sanders as a person, & how people line up to kiss his egotistical ass. I also believe my criticism, and that of many others, of SI is 100% justified.

12. Chris Noyb

The Texans like to make things interesting. Thank you, Russell Wilson, for making at minimum two of your three picks crucial to the outcome of the game. I seriously thought the Texans were going to give up the late TD.

I'm not sure why the Steelers are trying to avoid the POs.

The Eagles have won some close games this year; the 49ers made sure the game wasn't close.

13. Chris Noyb

Dear Houston Texans,

I enjoyed our time together today.

Sincerely,
    A. Reality Check

OK, our offense had good reasons for sucking, namely missing our top two receivers and starting tightend. What happened to our defense?

I hope Stroud is OK.

We blew a great opportunity with the Colts losing, & the Jags possibly losing (the Titans have a late afternoon game).

14. fflowley

I was at the Bills-Chiefs game last night.
    I still have butterflies in my stomach.
    What a way for the game to end. Toney was really offsides…….but nobody wants to see that be the deciding factor in the last 2 minutes of a tight game.

As an aside this was my first Bills away game. I was dressed in full Bills regalia.
    I could not have had a better experience.
    Chiefs fans are loud and passionate about their team. They know football.
    They are also classy and fun to be around. I saw zero harassment of Bills fans at the game. Everyone was having a great time.
    A+ Chiefs fans.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chris Noyb

At the NFL level a player lining up offsides is a seriously stupid thing to do. Period, no excuses.

I don't care how much Mahommes screams or Chiefs' fans whine, Toney clearly had his foot well into the LOS.

My NFL Sunday got off to a bad start with the Texans losing in epic fashion to the Jets. I knew they were overdue for another pathetic effort, and they were very shorthanded on offense, but it was still painful. I won't be upset at all if a more deserving team pushes the Texans out of the PO picture.

The pain continued with the Eagles. But at least I didn't watch this game, when I caught the score at halftime I kept channel surfing. I can see the Eagles getting passed by the girls, & having a short PO run.

Are the Detroit Lions now playing at their true level?

At least the Ravens pulled out the win.

It's starting to look like the inevitable HC firings & "mutual agreement" resignations will be very interesting. Tomlin? Vrabel? Gawd Belichick?

16. fflowley

Anyone who would fire Mike Tomlin is a fool.

17. Chris Noyb

Great resume...but...nothing outstanding recently.

Hiring Tomlin would be great move!

Firing Tomlin, with the idea to rebuild your team, might be the painful choice.

18. fflowley

I think he's done a great job getting good (admittedly not great) results out of a bunch of mediocre players.
    And the Dolphins gifted the Bills last night. There's hope in Buffalo!

19. Chris Noyb

I think a serious change would be good for the Steelers and Tomlin. Of course considerably more risky for the Steelers depending on who they hire as HC. Tomlin could have his pick of two or three teams with real potential to move up.

There is one unfortunate thing going against Tomlin. Some NFL owners won't hire a black HC regardless of their resume, and them being the clear choice over white candidates. The Rooney Rule is pretty much theoretical, basically the interview requirement is easily met and nearly meaningless.

The Dolphins late TD celebration turned out to be a bit premature :rolleyes:. Is Levis going to prove to be the QB sleeper steal of the 2023 draft? I'm not sold on DeAndre Hopkins turning back the clock, at least not consistently.

There were many upsets. Is the NFL conspiring to make the last five games as dramatic as possible?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
  20. fflowley

I really hope this isn't true.