1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Nominate Awful Beers for my Research Project

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Plan9, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Way to plug the easy one.

You can do worse.

Far worse.

ZombieSquirrel, post!

4. Plan9 knows my affinity for so-called "Shitty Beer" and I don't think I like where this is going. However, FOR SCIENCE, I will contribute my thoughts.

I can say that I don't particularly care for the Extra Gold Lager.

[​IMG]
    --- merged: Jun 11, 2013 at 3:06 PM ---
    HA...I posted that before you told me to!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  5. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

More low hanging fruit:

Old Style: consumption of one is mandatory in the Wrigley bleachers on a hot day. I have maintained for years on end that the Wrigley concession remains the sole prop in maintaining solvency for the brewery. Cold, it tastes like skunked Miller High Life. Warm, it tastes like what I imagine the piss of a bottoming-out alcoholic to be.

Stroh's: the last time I had one, I was sick for a day. And I only had ONE. No other alcohol was consumed.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  6. I <3 the following

Pabst Blue Ribbon
    Natty Light
    Old Style
    Beast Ice
    MGD
    Labatt's
    Icehouse

That's all I could think of off the top of my head....

7. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Yeah, but why?

C'mon, people... I need details.

I don't want this thread to be a bunch of product names.

You have to explain how this beer is like drinking badger piss, how it'll ruin my life.

I need the name of the beer, your experience with it and what it'll do to my eternal soul when I drink it.

8. My list above isn't badger piss. It tastes like a summer day on a diseased lake in the Midwest. AKA Love.

Extra Gold doesn't really have any flavor. I think it's just the run-off from the barrels.

• Like Like x 2
  9. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

Schlitz - Tastes like beer someone else has already excreted
    [​IMG]

Beer30 - Worse than any "Lite". This is as bottom of the barrel as it gets. Disgusting.
    [​IMG]

Genny Light - This made a friend projectile vomit through a screen door and into a bucket. I have a pretty iron stomach and made me queasy. Genny is a cruel bitch lover.
    [​IMG]
    Milwaukee's Best - Milwaukee's worst. WORST.
    [​IMG]

More to be added.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Hahaha! That's the stuff. This is what I need, people. I want these kind of details. Buckets of them.

11. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Scroll up. Read my multi-edit.

12. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

[​IMG]

OV (Old Vienna): It tastes like monkey piss*

[*Really: What I would imagine monkey piss to taste like. Honestly....]

13. And FUCK YOU the_jazz

Old Style is AMAZEBALLS. You can just join the snooty So called beer aficionados out here in the PacNW.

• Like Like x 2
  14. GeneticShift

Edited mine just for you, Plan9, good pal.

15. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

You guys are awesome. Keep it coming.

16. I'm thirsty.

17. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Damn it, Baraka_Guru , I was totally going to say that.

Natural Lite was always our "flip cup beer," because it was cheap as shit. It also tasted like shit, but after a few rounds, you don't notice anymore.

And I wouldn't call it "shitty," necessarily, but I really do not like German beer. Some people are wild about it, though, so chalk it up to personal taste. St. Pauli Girl, Warsteiner, Beck's.... definitely not for me. AS FOR THE WHY, it has a very bitter aftertaste that I am not fond of.

Edit: I leave for a few minutes, and somehow miss a whole page of replies. Jeez, you guys.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Me too.

This project is going to be so gnarly.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GeneticShift

[​IMG]
    Natty Ice.

Nothing says class like a natty ice. Tastes like Frat Boy sweat and horrible regret. Loaded with 5.9% alcohol. Yum.

• Like Like x 3
  20. The worst I have ever tried to drink or sell was a raspberry beer produced for the first Red Nose Day. It cost twice as much as other beers, and judging customers reactions, it tasted worse than slops. Could, however, be saved with an inch of lemonade as a top. Even with the price reduced to a quarter of the original, it still didnt shift.
    For a nicer chaser to take the taste and memory away - you might like to try Fraoch Fraock Heather Ale | Thank Heaven for Beer
    When I had old men in my social circle, I used to but 'interesting looking' beers for them for xmas.
    Most popular local beer was HSB - which stood for either Horndean Special Brew - or - High Speed Brain Damage
    Drink - The Royal Oak Brighton Only awful because of the effects.