1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Out of the ordinary Mixed drinks

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Craven Morehead, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Tell us about a mixed drink you've had that is out of the ordinary.

Last week I was in Montana and ate one night bat the Mint Bar and Cafe in Belgrade. I notice these copper mugs hanging above the bar. I ask the bar babe what they serve in that. She says Moscow Mule. So I order one. I watch it being mixed, it seems more robust than the recipe below.....
    2 oz Vodka
    1 split Ginger Beer
    Crushed Ice
    Serve in mug
    Decorate with sprigs of mint

It will get you there. I had two. I rather liked it, never had ginger beer before.

[​IMG]

2. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I think I've posted this elsewhere but I like the gin version of the Moscow Mule called the Gin Buck. It's better, in my opinion, with a good strong ginger beer.

GIN BUCK
    1 1/2 ounces gin
    3 to 4 ounces of ginger beer
    Lime wedge

Mix the gin, ginger beer and the juice of half a lime over ice in a highball glass, then rim the glass with the lime. Try lemon in place of lime, or ginger ale in place of ginger beer.

3. Nienna

Nienna New Member

ROCKET FUEL
    Piña Colada
    2 shots of 151

Local Fire Island drink. Will get you hammered in no time.

4. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Crabbies Overload:

One bottle of Crabbie's Ginger Beer in big glass
    [​IMG]

Add a glass of Crabbie's Ginger Wine
    [​IMG]

Take an entire evening to drink it :)

5. OK, I have to try this. I very much like gin. But I don't think ginger beer is sold around here.

I now have a quest!

6. Jay

Jay Vertical

Most people look at me funny when I order it, but rye and orange juice, so tasty, my dad's been drinking it for years and introduced me to it ages ago, very tasty, very simple.