1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pampering

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by jewels, Aug 3, 2011.

1. jewels

jewels New Member

I'm feeling bluesy today. Not a man in sight and only a kitty at my side this week. I feel like I need a lift.

When I have a man, the preparation rituals make me feel pampered. Do the nails, shampoo and style hair, shave legs etc, some cosmetics and a little perfume. Add cute clothes and shoes, and I feel shiny and sexy.

I still do most of those things even though I fly solo these days, but need something else to make me feel pampered. And with me, it's not a good idea to recommend a culinary indulgence. A long hot soak in a tub I would be awesome, but I don't have one right now. Please don't say shopping. :eek:

Any ideas? What else do y'all do when you need to feel pampered, rewarded or indulged?

This is not a Ladies Only discussion. I'd love to hear from guys who have this occasional craving and what you do for it, too.

2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

A massage is nice, it's been too long since I've had one, but it's a major stress reliever. I have back pain and it helps me like almost nothing else if I get a nice deep massage on my lower back and hamstrings, loosens things up and feels awesome.

One of these days I'd love to get an old-fashioned shave.

3. jewels

jewels New Member

That's a good one. Massage, yes.

I'd imagine the shave would make a man feel pampered. Has me pondering if being serviced can be an integral part of being pampered. Hmmmm.

4. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I miss getting a shave. It's so awesome especially when they use a straight razor and sharpen it on the long leather strap.

I'd also go with shoe shines. I love sitting on the seat and having someone shine my shoes. There used to be a place to get topless ones, but I learned that sucked because a) the shines sucked, b) you couldn't really see the goods because they were bent over shining your shoes.

I like dressing up. I feel good when I dress up. I like wearing my best duds and have had the shave, the shoe shine.... it's good pampering.

5. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

In my mind, absolutely! As a bit of a foodie, my "pampering" often involves a night out at a very nice restaurant. The food is of primary importance, but having impeccable service goes a long way towards it being enjoyable for me (and I tip 25-30% when I get it). But you said nothing culinary, so I didn't mention it. :D

6. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I am a big fan of getting a massage and they can be had rather cheaply here. I also look forward to getting my haircut, something I do about once a month. In Asia, it is very common to get a scalp massage prior to getting it cut. It's very relaxing.

I do like getting a shave as well, but find that the close shave results in ingrown hairs, so I don't do it anymore.

Another good one is going away for a stay-cation with my wife. We will take a hotel room in a local hotel and get away from the house and the kids for a night or two. It's not that expensive and it's nice to get room service.

The ultimate pamper for me is going off, with a good book, to a nice restaurant or pub, and having a meal by myself.

7. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Tidying up my place for myself As If guests are coming ... but they are not. So I get to be my own guest.

Sometimes this has happened accidentally ... the guests have cancelled on the day of arrival [not last minute ... so cooking is not messed up], and whilst I am appropriately sad-sounding as they make their long-faced excuses, my inner demon is swelling with 'YEAH!'

8. Taking a hot shower, putting on pajamas, and reading a book in bed. Better if I have a Klondike Bar. Klondike Bars aren't culinary, they're ice cream :D

To be honest, as a man with many broken body parts but no pain management doc, taking one of my few stashed Vicodin and having a warm drink add to the above experience immensely.

9. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Rub my head and I become soft putty.

Ice cream is good, too.

10. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Another pamper I jsut remembered, is when I have been working at some project, for example, setting up a stage to record a concert, and Someone comes up and says "Would you like a cup of tea? May I get you a cup of tea"
    That does something powerful and good to my world.

11. Redlemon

Redlemon Getting Tilted

I was getting rough and painful cuticles toward the end of this last winter, so I went for a manicure. No polish, but they did soak my hands in hot paraffin at the start, which was lovely. It is a wonderful and cheap pampering, and not just for the ladies.

The only thing is that I have to tell the wandering massage lady not to work on me. They aren't trained, and they aren't helping. I'd rather have no massage than a sucky one.