1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

PETS! Adorable bunnies, bounding puppies, austere kitties...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by genuinemommy, Aug 2, 2011.

?

What is Your Pet Preference - multiple responses ok

1. Dogs

19 vote(s)
    61.3%
  2. Cats

17 vote(s)
    54.8%
  3. Rabbits and/or Guinea Pigs

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. Hamsters, Gerbils, Mice, Rats

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Snakes

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. Lizards, Cameleons, Geckos

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  7. Other

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  8. No pets for me

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

It's true. I love rabbits. Their sweet fluffy faces have a warm space in my heart. But my love isn't limited to them. I also have two rescued hamsters. What kind of animals are dear to your heart? Tell me all about your pets, and share photos!

I'll start it off with some images of my loveable Cinnabunny.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll share images of the hamsters later.

2. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

I have a dog, he annoys the everliving shit out of me. Somehow I still keep feeding him.

He was named after the First Ranger Benjen. He is not nearly as brave as that man.

[​IMG]

3. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

While I do enjoy the company of dogs, I think at heart, I am a cat person. Our current cat, Chuck (named after Chuck Batowski), is a pain in the ass at 5:30am. He wants to be fed, when he wants to be fed. Not later.

We also have a hamster and a turtle, but the rules of them living in our house is that I don't have to have anything to do with them.

4. jewels

jewels New Member

Kitty freak. We finally moved to the condo and adopted two from a kill shelter. One had a horrible upper respiratory infection and passed despite antibiotics and syringe feeding for two weeks. :(

The other has more than doubled in size in less than four weeks and is the epitome of catness. Warm, cuddly, loving, playful, demonic, impish, insane, destructive, sweet, annoying and oh-so-squishable. Meet Sonny, our latest family addition and one-and-only residing cat at the moment.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I can barely keep myself alive and able to deal with my schedule. I will go seek out wild animals and head to the zoo if I want to see them. :)

6. jewels

jewels New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sorry about the photos in the previous posts. All I can access for now are these. Sonny sleeping.

7. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

Currently we only have a couple of aquariums. I don't consider them "pets". More of a hobby.

8. I remember posting a couple of pictures of Gabe, our Great Dane, back in 4.0. Sadly, he could not overcome the most deeply rooted effects of the abuse he suffered before he was rescued. We loved him and tried our best, but he grew more and more unpredictable. We miss him terribly.

But we still have Princess, our 12 year old beagle/terrier. She's still got spunk, though (thankfully) not as yappy as in her youth.
    [​IMG]

9. RangerJoe

RangerJoe Slightly Tilted

My cat Harley. She has to leave after I get married and my fiance and I move in together. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Clickable link (I hope).

Newfs are supposed to mellow out around 3. Molly is 3 ½ and hasn't got the message, yet. She rarely stays still long enough for a picture.

[​IMG]

11. Newfs are very cool! Loveable, loyal and protective... I wanted one for a long time, but it just was not to be.

12. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I have two cats that I call my own, Ruff and Tumble, but I live with four cats in total. I'll leave it to ZombieSquirrel to tell you about her boys.

Ruff and Tumble turned 5 this spring. They love nothing more in the world that a satisfactory nap and a good petting session. Oh, and attacking my feet.

13. Willravel

Willravel Getting Tilted

I took out my trombone today, to keep my chops up. Jack, my beagle, does not like the trombone. He'll sit with me, as as sign of love, but when I play the instrument, he looks away, as if disapproving of what I'm doing... perhaps even ashamed. That's why I love my dog. He loves me even if he doesn't respect me.

14. flat5

flat5 Vertical

Very good pictures.

15. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

There is a joke in there about throwing pussy out to get new pussy... but my coffee hasn't kicked in yet. I'll come back to that later.

16. CoffeeBee

CoffeeBee Slightly Tilted

I have one crazy cat, Anakin. I want more. I love cats. I wouldn't mind a dog either, maybe I would feel safer in my house when I am alone. My friend has a great dane that I fell in love with.

[​IMG]

I hope you can all see the photo.

17. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

This is my boy Simba.

[​IMG]

This is my youngest daughter's new kitten, Shin Chan. The little troublemaker.

[​IMG]

And I've just now realized that I don't have any photos of my oldest daughter's cat, Muffin, who also lives here with us. Must do something about that.

18. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

My tale is a sad one....
    I had a cat named Jelly Bean that wandered up from the highway one evening as a kitten.
    He barely looked old enough to be weaned, let alone old enough to be on his own.

When he was fully grown, he looked real similar to meditrina and jewel's cats.

My landlord usually doesn't like cats, but she was with us visiting on the porch when he showed up, and I guess his cuteness factor swayed her over into letting us keep him. (outside)
    I've had other cats over the years, but since it had been a long time since I was allowed one, I think I loved Jelly Bean a little too hard.

He was with us for about 10 months when a stray dog showed up one day and adopted us, as well.
    He had a brown eye and a blue eye, and looked like Petey from the Little Rascals, and didn't get along with Jelly Bean.
    Eventually Jelly Bean quit coming around for food, and we never saw him again in the neighborhood. I like to think he's alive, but I don't hold out much hope.
    RePete was killed when a group of roving dogs vying for the attention of a bitch in heat down the block killed him.

I still have my beagle mix, Maggie. She's going on 8 years old. She's quirky and funny, and she gladdens my heart.

19. sgbsteve

sgbsteve Getting Tilted

The only pet right now is my roommates bird but there's always assorted critters around the yard. Bunnies, tree rats, snakes, lizards, etc.

[​IMG]

20. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

We've had a cat for 13 years now. I'm not really a cat person, but she is pretty good as cats go, and pretty sociable with people.

I'm more of a dog person, and always had them growing up. 2 years ago, after we had bought our house and had a nice yard, we got a Bullmastiff. He's awesome. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are a couple of him as a puppy that show how unimpressed our cat was that we brought him home! :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]