1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Phone Background

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Wildmermaid, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

There is already a topic for Desktop background, but not sure there is one for phones. Do you have a photo, artwork, important saying, or something else as your phone background? Do you change it often, for holidays, never?

2. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Mine is James Jean's painting of Jennifer Lawrence for Darren Aronofsky's movie "Mother." I've had it there since Mother's Day 2017. [​IMG]

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

3. Mine is a photo of my mother taken a few months before her passing nine years ago. It has been the background on my last three phones, and I have no intention of ever changing.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  4. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

@grumpyolddude That is a beautiful way to keep her memory with you. <3
    Also makes me understand a bit better why my brother still has a photo of our mother as his background on facebook. Thank you for sharing that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have a different picture of her as my profile on FB. I swap in temporary profile pics to mark special occasions (Fathers Day, for instance) but mom goes right back up there, after a day or two.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

I have so much respect for the way you honor her memory. <3 I have my mom's ashes in a silver and amethyst necklace (as those were her favorites) and she saw it before she passed and really liked it, and I take her all of her favorite places.

• Like Like x 1
  7. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

My phone has a generic background, a color gradient. I don't see much reason to customize this tool. I don't like visual clutter.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Some of the gradients are really pretty too!

• Like Like x 1
  9. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Phone has a picture of Mr. Barkley..our Silkie Terrier who we had to put to sleep 6 months ago.
    I just don't have the heart to change over to Ms. Bella (our rescue) Biewer terrier of 4 months....

• Like Like x 1
  10. kramus

kramus what I might see

When my phone first wakes up I have one of my Tree Dancers as my background.
    For the background when flipping between apps I enjoy seeing my Lady getting a kiss from Ulysses.
    IMG_4845.PNG IMG_4844.PNG

• Like Like x 3
  11. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

@DAKA I'm sorry for your loss of Mr. Barkley. Glad you have Ms. Bella to warm your hearts though.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 31, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 31, 2017 ---
    @kramus Wonderful art for your phone and such a sweet photo of your dears! <3

12. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Obviously, I'm a huge Naruto geek. The section with Sasuke and Itachi is my lock screen, and the section with Madara and his brother Izuna is my home screen.

• Like Like x 2