1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Pie -what is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Craven Morehead, Aug 14, 2011.

1. I'm not a huge fan of fruit pies but I love pecan pie and sugar cream pie. Both are sinfully rich. Maybe that's why I like them so much, sweet tooth and all.

So, what are your favorites?

[​IMG]

2. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

I am a huge fan of my pecan pie, but pecan pie in general not so much.

I really really love a good cherry or blueberry pie where the fruit is so fresh you hardly need anything else.

3. sapiens

sapiens Vertical

My mom makes a Raspberry Ribbon Pie that I like a lot. I'm also a big fan of Rhubarb pie. We had a lot of Rhubarb in our yard growing up. So, Rhubarb pies were a frequent summer dessert. Most of the pecan pies I have eaten make me feel as though my teeth are rotting as I eat the pie.

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I like pie. Whatever kind. I really don't care. Whatever is in season works for me. Rhubarb, strawberry-rhubarb, blueberry, blackberry, Marionberry, Boysenberry, cherry, apple, lemon, coconut cream, key lime, banana cream, pumpkin pie, pecan pie....yum. I don't like lemon meringue, mostly because I like the lemon part of the pie and the meringue seems unnecessary.

5. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

In no particular order:

• Pecan
    • Key lime
    • Pumpkin
    • Apple
    • Blueberry

6. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

Custard
    Pumpkin
    Apple

7. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I like Boston Cream Pie the best.
    You say it's not a pie, but a cake? Your mama!

Ok, it's a toss-up between a Buttermilk Pie, Coconut Cream Pie, Banana Cream Pie, or a Pecan Pie.
    Why choose one?

8. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I love pie :D

I can't do pecan pie anymore, sadly. I got food poisoning from one years ago, and I can't even look at pecans now without feeling nauseated. I'm also not too keen on cherry pie.

Key Lime is my favorite. My mom's caramel pie is AWESOME, but so sweet and rich, I only eat it once a year (at Thanksgiving!) Coconut cream pie is fabulous. My grandma used to make a lemon icebox pie that was to die for. Yum, yum.

9. sapiens

sapiens Vertical

Now, I'm jonesing for an icebox pie. My grandma used to make a chocolate icebox cake that was great. My mother often made it on my birthday. I don't dare make it. I'll end up eating all of it.

10. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

Rhubarb pie is by and large my favourite.... and I'll only have it if it is made by a professional pie maker, I dislike an average Rhubarb pie.... thus I'm a Rhubarb pie snob...

Second.... Cherry

Third.... Apple Crumble

11. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

That is exactly why pies don't get made in our house :)

12. Magpie

Magpie Getting Tilted

I would say Lemon Meringue and Pumpkin are my all time favorite pies. There is a recipe for a Zucchini Cream pie that I'm rather intrigued about trying. Recipe found here

13. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I like Banana Cream pie
    apple pie depending on how it is prepared.
    marionberry
    easier for me think of pies/fillings i do not like:
    Cherry (dislike cherries in any form)
    Lime/lemon flavoured
    coconut
    pecans
    pumpkin - tastes awful no how matter it is prepared

14. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Peanut butter pie and amish-style banana cream pies were my favorite as a kid that I cannot touch any more due to my lactose issues.
    But I will tear up a cherry pie. My pie like-age is skewed by the fact that I really, really don't like pie crust. I'd rather eat the filling. And it needs to be fruit... like peach pie, too. Sometimes I'll eat some crumbly pie toppings, but rarely. I'd really rather have the filling baked in a glass dish with no crust, heh.
    I would kill someone for a traditional southern peanut butter pie recipe that's made with dairy alternatives...

15. Magpie

Magpie Getting Tilted

16. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

The real peanut butter pie has a pudding-like, creamy filling with a cream topping with crumbles of peanut butter and powdered sugar on top. It's to die for.

Actually, I grew up on this one from Yoders featured on Man vs. Food

17. ChrisJericho

ChrisJericho Careless whisper

I prefer the juicy fruit pies such as apple, raspberry, blue berry etc. The creamy type pies just don't feel natural to me :eek:

18. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

I'm going to go against the grain and suggest something savoury - Chunky beef pie. If the filling is done in a red wine sauce, with some mushrooms - yum!

19. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Key Lime, Apple, Pumpkin (especially if there's a good bit of nutmeg), Cherry, Blueberry, Sweet Potato, Peach...

And of course hair pie.

Sorry, but that joke had to be made.

20. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

...turns out people stopped calling it that sometime before I was born.

I love pumpkin pie with nutmeg. I like it when pies are crust-only-on-the-bottom unless it is chunky apple pie.