1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pinky and The Brain

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Speed_Gibson, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

A show this classic is worthy of its own thread. What inspired me to post this thread was this Youtube clip:

another good one:

2. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

I fucking loved this show and it's parent show, Animaniacs. Smart programming and great writing, hate it is off the air.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I loved Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain. I really wish they'd made a lot more of these shows.

I also really liked Freakazoid.

4. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour?

That was one of my favorite quotes!

I really liked Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain, they were the shows that ushered in the current Golden Age of animation.

5. sgbsteve

sgbsteve Getting Tilted

I liked Pinky and the Brain better than Animaniacs but they were both quality entertainment

6. cynthetiq

I forgot, I even have a Pinky and the Brain shirt... I love wearing it!

7. Charlatan

8. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

"Pinky, you have the IQ of drywall."

just watched that first one again - "But Zero Mostel times anything will still equal Zero Mostel" :D

9. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

Be quiet Pinky, or I shall have to hurt you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ktspktsp

ktspktsp Vertical

That was a good show :). Good assortment of "evil guys" too.

11. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I wonder what happened to my Pinky keychain.

12. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I think all of the Spielberg-produced cartoons were top notch. Except maybe Tiny Toons. Freakazoid, Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain certainly stand the test of time but Tiny Toons I think might not so much (though it has been years since I've seen it, so I can't say for sure).

I want to say that the secret is that they didn't talk down to the audience, the way most children's programming does. I don't know, though -- I could just be making that up.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Charlatan

While I agree that Tiny Toons was the weakest of the bunch, it was probably better than you remember (at least it was better than I remembered when I saw a few episodes a couple years ago).

14. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

Tiny Toons wasn't so bad.. it was just overshadowed by Pinky & the Brain and Animaniacs.

15. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

No, they definitely worked on multiple levels and appealed to many audiences. Hell, I was in high school and still watching Animaniacs/Pinky and the Brain toward the end there.

16. Tiny Toons.... what's not to like?

17. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

• Like Like x 1
  18. cynthetiq

for sure!

Tiny Toons helped bridge the next generation who had no idea as to who Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig are. If you look today you would wonder a few things about some of the older toons like Bugs Bunny. How is he relevant as a brand today? He's not. Fred Flinstone just hocks Pebbles cereal. Warner Bros has done little to keep this portfolio of characters relevant with today's kids.

On a side note, Ren & Stimpy are 20.

19. The second golden age of toon-age. I used to love rushing home from work to watch these Spielberg cartoons and Fraggle Rock with my kids. Great bonding TV.

Never caught the Ren and Stimpy bug. Just didn't click with me.

20. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

Thankfully, my kids are in love with Boomerang network and get a heavy dose of the old school cartoons. In fact, they love the older stuff more than this new crap that's pushed out.

I have the entire Fraggle Rock collection.. it's great to watch with the kids or when you're umm.. partaking of other substances. ;)

• Like Like x 1