1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pitchfork Music Festival fans?

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by drr1212, Feb 28, 2012.

1. drr1212

drr1212 New Member

Initial lineup was released, roughly 30 more bands to come, I've been going for 5 years now.

Sad to say, I'm a bit unimpressed thus far...
    Pitchfork Music Festival 2012:
    Vampire Weekend
    Feist
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor
    Hot Chip
    AraabMUZIK
    A$AP Rocky
    The Field
    Liturgy
    Kendrick Lamar
    Grimes
    Cloud Nothings
    Tim Hecker

Willis Earl Bealitial-lineup/

2. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Odd looking website for this event, I could only get links with "mailto:adress here", and I even went so far as to dig up IE 7/8/whatever the hell is installed on here and look on that ugly thing.
    I would have to do a search for any of those band names, taking a not very wild guess that those are not the general styles I listen to.

3. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

drr1212, using colored script makes your post really hard to read in some skins. Please just stick to the defaults.

This isn't unual for big festivals. The larger acts are always announced later.

4. Manic

Manic Getting Tilted

A$AP and Liturgy are definitely worth going out to see and $45 a day seems reasonable enough. If they manage to fill out the rest of the bill with artists that I couldn't already see here for next to nothing then I'd consider it.

5. drr1212

drr1212 New Member

Sorry, I cut and pasted.....I'm too new to post links :)
    --- merged: Feb 29, 2012 at 5:21 PM ---
    Manic
    I'll have to check these two out, don't know them.
    I've heard good things about Godspeed's live show, Hot Chip should be a fun live one, and I like Cloud Nothing's latest album.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012