1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Plastic cases (or holders) for lens filters?

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by Ice|Burn, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Ice|Burn

Ice|Burn Getting Tilted

I debated about posting this in the Art/Photography sub-forum but didn't think it really belonged there. If it does, mods please feel free to move it there.

That being said Does anyone know of a good source for plastic cases or covers for lens filters for slr cameras? I've got some old ones but they are 55mm and I need a 67mm case. I haven't looked on amazon or the like yet but I was hoping someone here would have an idea or a direction to point me in.

Thanks. :)

2. Ice|Burn

Ice|Burn Getting Tilted

Since it appears I'm looking for something that doesn't exist... Amazon and B&H have failed me....

Are the cloth/gortex filter holders just as good? It seems to me that the filter would get scratched or would be more susceptible to breakage because of the soft case.

3. psykosis

psykosis Getting Tilted

Go to your local sunglass store, and see if you can buy a couple extra microfiber drawstring frame bags. They might have some, or be able to order them. I don't know if they will fit larger sized filters, but it's worth a shot.

4. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

If you're beating your gear up badly enough to break filters in soft bags, you should be more worried about trashing lenses. I assume you have a camera bag, just keep the filters in soft pouches in the side compartments.

5. Ice|Burn

Ice|Burn Getting Tilted

It's not that I'm beating up my gear. I just don't like the idea of the soft cases they include with some of the filters. It looks far to easy to put scratches onto the filters. The hard plastic cases appear to be a better option to avoid this. I'm just really protective of my gear that's all.

6. Kajagoogoo New Member

Looks like Adorama may have what you are looking for (can't post links due to my newfound n00bness!)

Search keyword was:
    Hard Plastic Filter Case