1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: did you wash your hair today?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by genuinemommy, Mar 26, 2017.

?

Did you wash your hair?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I want to! Haven't yet.

Tell me about your hair care routine.

I can go a couple of days, maybe even a week with just wetting my hair and putting in hair products. But eventually my scalp starts itching and I need to wash it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I wash it every work day and don't on the weekends.
    I use a dandruff shampoo because my scalp tends to flake if I don't.

I don't use any hair products.
    I'm about as low maintenance as you can get.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Yesterday was hair wash day. I have color treated hair and I live in the desert. I need to take care not to strip the color so after many years of washing it every single day, I now skip a day and once in a while two days. Best part of hair care in low humidity is how fast it drys. Other than the 2-hour appointment every 5 weeks at the salon, I spend very little time fussing with my hair. When I do wash it I use color treated hair shampoo and conditioner. Then I spritz in a leave in detangler, let it dry and give it a quick hit with the dryer and styling brush. If I have frizzies, I use a pea-sized application of Argan Oil. When completely dry and styled I hit it very lightly with a firm hold spray. Don't touch it again with any product until after the next washing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Azharen

Azharen Getting Tilted

Tonight I will. Natural oils are good for your hair. Every other day.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

No, and I probably won't. Maybe not tomorrow, either.

Usually, I wash my hair on work days, and don't on off-days. The shampoo varies (every other bottle is Aussie), but the conditioner is always Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle. I use hairspray after styling now that my hair's shorter, but that's it for product. When my hair was longer, I'd just wash-and-wear, but now that it's short, I shape it with a curling iron (which seems weird...shouldn't I be putting less effort into shorter hair? But no, when it was longer, I'd often just pull it into a bun or bandanna and go.)

Despite coloring my hair, I'm lackadaisical when it comes to cut & color. When my grey roots start irritating me after a couple months, I'll get a box of color at the store, and I get a cut and professional color job twice a year or so.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

I barely have any hair!
    Some of it is natural thinning, and my wife buzzes the rest of it short for me.
    I shampoo any day that I am cycling or doing other sweaty activities.
    Otherwise every other day.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Every other day, unless I work out. Then I have to wash it. In Florida it was an every day, mandatory thing. I use either a clarifying shampoo and a Suave version of Aveda conditioner or Perfect Hair Day shampoo and conditioner, depending in what I'm going to do to it afterwards. Chicago is killing my hair. Always have to use a leave in, now. Static is a killer.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ky1girl

ky1girl New Member

No. I have natural Curley hair so it's dries out and falls out more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Typically ever other day, unless I do something dirty & sweaty like yard work. Use dandruff shampoo, usually H&S or sometimes generic. Hare care is pretty much limited to using a dab of Groom & Clean on the odd occasion I need my hair to look "nice."

• Like Like x 1
  10. omega

omega Very Tilted

I have gotten to the point of washing my hair every 3-4 days. However it gets rinsed out every day when I shower. I use a fairly heavy pomade that really doesn't rinse out. So I just top it off each morning to replace what has been rinsed and toweled off. It does keep my scalp from drying out and flaking.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I shower every morning and sometimes more (three showers yesterday). It's hot and humid here and depending on what I am doing, I need to shower frequently.

I usually wash what hair I have each morning using shampoo. I just rinse it the other times I shower in the day.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I washed my hair today. Probably won't tomorrow. My hair is fairly fine, lacks natural body, so I use a small amount of a holding product to compensate.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I wash my hair every other day unless it just needs it. I believe washing out the natural oils is bad for my scalp and hair.

• Like Like x 1
  14. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Uhh...no
    Gee, I wonder why???

But I did shave it.
    Every day
    Where I have hair, it grows...fast

Back when I had hair...
    Long, curly, with blonde highlights
    Had to wash it normally
    Otherwise it would get oily

But that was 20 years ago...

• Like Like x 1
  15. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

being that I shave my head, I wash my beard everyday

16. Yerba

Yerba ...wait, what?

I washed my hair during my shower this morning. I typically do whenever I take a shower, which usually ranges from once a day to once every couple of days depending on the weather and my mood.

17. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

That's something I don't do. I find that if I shampoo my beard it gets dry.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Photos(s)?

----------------------

I still have my hair (and to think 40 years ago I used to curse having thick hair with a widows peak and cowlicks...........). Keep it buzzed down short for low maintenance. Hair coloring? No way. I see too many older guys who look ridiculous with their obviously died hair. Let's be real, who do they think they're fooling? My salt & pepper mix is showing more and more salt; no problem, grays are OK as long as the hair stays.

My beard is mostly gray. I wash it with Lever bar soap every other day, washing it every day makes it look (even more) wiry & brittle.

One of my BILs is two years older than me and has a full head of hair which is still medium dark brown; he is frequently asked what coloring he uses because it looks "very natural."

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  19. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I wash my hair once a week.

The normal routine:
    -Wash with Nizoral, let it sit on my scalp for a bit
    -Wash with TiGi Resurrection shampoo
    -Condition with TiGi Resurrection conditioner
    -Rinse very well
    -Put on It's a 10 smoothing balm
    -Blow dry halfway
    -Put on Not Your Mother's Lock Luster Oil Treatment
    -Finish blow drying
    -Put on It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Potion
    OPTIONAL: Straighten it, put on Alterna Kendi Oil spray if needed

Monthly:
    -Wash first with Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo--it strips out all the silicones I use on my hair to keep it smooth; there is buildup over time, so this keeps that from getting out of control.
    -Aphogee keratin reconstructor to deep condition

Then proceed with my styling routine.

20. mew

mew New Member

I wash my hair once a week with shampoo and conditioner. No more dander during winter season. I use baby powder at the roots if it gets really greasy/oily by the end.

• Like Like x 2