1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Pop Tarts!

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Craven Morehead, Aug 27, 2011.

?

You either love them or hate them, which is it?

1. Yech, foul nasty mutant toaster pastries

33.3%
  2. Goodness from Kelloggs, yum yum yum

66.7%
  1. Full of sugar and probably everything that is bad for you. But, they are in my pantry. Cinnamon and brown sugar as well as strawberry iced. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm.

So, how about you?

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

What's this doing in Tilted Food? :D

I used to like these as a kid. Toasted, but sometimes cold.

I've eaten them as an adult, but I can feel my body trying to reject it when I'm finished eating them. There aren't many natural ingredients in those....

3. Seer666

Seer666 Getting Tilted

Haven't had pop tarts in years. But now I'm craving one. Used to love the brown sugar ones.

4. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I think I liked blueberry the best.

Though the newer (at the time) chocolate ones were decadent. I think there was a smores one too.

5. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

You young un's, enjoy all that good stuff while you can...after you get to XXXX years you get to cut down on everything you like,
    dinner becomes a small grilled steak ( a baked potato with sour cream and chives would be nice, but no) and a salad...other wise the ####'s just get piled on, major BUMMER.

6. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

I use to be able to finish off a whole box on my own, but I stay away from them now because I'll start to grow sideways....

7. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Ugh, I didn't even like these when I was a kid. Too sweet, the pastry is disgusting, and just...yuck, no. My husband always tries to convince me to buy some for camping because they're high-calorie and easy to pack. No, thanks.

Any of you who still like them, do me a favor. Go buy a package of puff pastry. Cut a sheet into squares. Spread one side of the square with a jam of your choice or Nutella if you have it (both if you're adventurous). Seal another square of pastry on top with a little bit of egg, then crimp them together with a fork. Bake them until golden brown in a 400 degree oven. It's not too much effort, and the results are far better than a Pop-Tart.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sbscout

sbscout Getting Tilted

I never liked them, but then again, I don't like jam or jelly. I know... weird. :rolleyes:

9. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

There are few foods on this earth that taste so bad cold, yet so magical after two minutes in the toaster. I like just about any of the fruity ones, not so much the others.

10. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I prefer the frozen fruit-filled pastries, but recently we've been buying Pop-Tarts.
    I like to toast them, then spread peanut-butter on the side with no icing. It melts the peanut-butter. That, and a glass of ice-cold milk? Nom.