1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

PROMETHEUS - Official Full HD Trailer & HQ Screencaps - Ridley Scott, Michael Fassbender, Noomi R

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Fangirl, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

[​IMG]

PROMETHEUS - Official Full HD Trailer

[​IMG]
    Prometheus Synopsis: In the distant future, two superpowers control Earth and fight each other for all the solar system's natural resources. When one side dispatches a team to a distant planet to terraform it for human colonization, the team discovers an indigenous race of bio-mechanoid killers. Ridley Scott, director of 'Alien' and 'Blade Runner,' returns to the genre he helped define.
    With PROMETHEUS, he creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.
    Genre: Science Fiction Director: Ridley Scott Cast: Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace Release Date: June 8, 2012

[​IMG]

Compare the Prometheus trailer to the 1979 'Alien' trailer:

I haven't stayed on top of the latest news about the upcoming release PROMETHEUS, but I have known who is involved in it's making -- and it doesn't get much more exciting than anticipating a new science fiction film from the great Ridley Scott.

Set many years prior to all the Alien films Scott, to my understanding, has vigorously insisted that "Prometheus' is not an 'Alien' prequel.
    But, having just screencapped about 75 stills and being a slavish worshiper of the Ridley Scott 20th century science fiction masterpiece, I cannot divorce the notion of comparing the two.
    And, it seems that this very trailer highlights a number of key scenes that mimic 'Alien.' Is this bad? Well, certainly it doesn't have to be. There is no out-doing 'Ripley' (Sigourney Weaver) from the Alien films (Scott helmed only the first one in the quadrilogy) so I think we shouldn't even try. Weaver came to epitomize the science fiction heroine. She's an icon and it would be silly for Scott to try to replicate what he's already perfected. Not knowing more about the character that Noomi Rapace is playing I can't be sure but from the trailer she seems almost the anti-Ripley--sort of optimistic and idealistic. Ellen Ripley of course, was never either of those things.

Anyway, that's one helluva trailer. I really hope the film will be fantastic and I'm anxiously looking forward to finding out.

I've not at all touched on the actual legend of Prometheus and how this film title ties into that. The cast of course, is a huge factor to consider, too. Many people seem very pumped about Fassbender's involvement (he's pictured above) in the film. I realize there are many more points to be made so step up and voice them!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

All I can say right now is that the CG looks fanfuckingtastic.

The trailer blew me away.

No, really. Watch it in 1080p in fullscreen. It's worth the bandwidth.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I know! I watched it repeatedly for a couple of hours, whilst making the screencaps and it only got more mind-blowing. (I was completely sober, I promise!)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Baraka_Guru

Like....woah.....

No, seriously. These visuals are spectacular. It's not just the CG artistry; it's also the art design/conceptualization. It's awe-inspiring.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Yes! It's more than eye-candy; it's a feast! I'm geeking out to all of it. I've gone from slightly curious about Prometheus to majorly stoked!

6. Baraka_Guru

This had me curious, so I looked into it more. From the Wikipedia page:

Hybrid in tone between Alien and Blade Runner? I'll take it!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

8. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Youtube played the trailer while I was waiting for something I actually wanted to see and it caught my interest enough to avoid the instant "skip now" option as soon as possible that 99% of every other ad on there gets from me. I would actually watch this in the theatre, but stopped watching the trailer halfway through to mininise how much I knew about it.