1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food QOTD #53: What is your favorite cookie?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by genuinemommy, Feb 15, 2016.

1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

What is your favorite cookie?
    Something that you make yourself, a friend has made, or store bought?
    What is your go-to cookie?
    Do you have any good cookie stories to share?

I love Walker's shortbread. That's quite possibly my favorite cookie of all time. Basic ingredients, always delicious, and goes well with an assortment of tea.
    But my friend makes some incredible Christmas cookies.
    Oh, and I love making cinnamon sugar cookies.
    Right now I'm eating Fig bars from the store. I like the gritty crunch.
    I have yet to encounter a cookie that I don't like.
    What about you?

2. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Funny you should ask. I'm going to be doing some baking in a bit. I used to love the white chocolate cranberry cookies from the recipe on the back of the Craisins package. And my mother's thumbprint cookies. My favorite to make are my habanero snaps. Today, I'm making Danielle Walker's the real deal chocolate chip cookies. Best paleo recipe I've come across. I like to use Cherry Tango or other dark chocolate bars in it to mix it up every once in awhile.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Ohhh, cookies. I love cookies.

Lemonades are probably my all-time non-homemade favorite. Shortbread cookies with lemon icing? Om nom nom. I indulged in one package a couple weeks ago, stretching it out to last a week. I only get them once a year, and I think that makes them even yummier. If I go for store-bought, it's usually Oreos.

Homemade cookies: my grandma's molasses cookies are aaaamazing. And my mom makes really good snickerdoodles. If I'm baking them myself (a very rare occurrence) , I'll go for plain sugar cookies or oatmeal raisin.

Mom & I made Christmas cookies this year, which we haven't done since...I was a kid, probably. I honestly don't remember. Anyway, we used the same recipe from back then, and we had a blast. She was laughing (good-naturedly) at my enthusiasm for decorating, and even though she held back a bit at first, she ended up getting into it just as much. I really wish I'd taken pictures, because they looked pretty dang awesome. We'll definitely have to do it again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Probably a gooey, soft chocolate chip cookie. Maybe one with M&Ms in it.

I'm not a huge cookie eater, but I've always liked those. Especially with a cold glass of milk.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I made dees

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Depends...

I am a fan of my own chocolate chip cookies. Especially warm out of the oven.
    I also like Oatmeal Raisin cookies, but only if they are chewy. For crunchy oatmeal, I don't want raisins, and my preference is for Dad's Oatmeal (dunked in milk).
    I am also a fan of Dad's chocolate chip cookies... they are store bought and kind of gross (but in a good way).
    I do like a good shortbread at Christmas and my mom's graham date cookies are full of nostalgia (and sugar).

I could go on... especially if we start talkin' Peek Freans...

7. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

Well, I love a good chocolate chip cookie, of course. And oatmeal raisin. I love macarons-- absolutely adore them. Macadamia lacies are nice. I love Melomakarona (Greek honey cookies). Mandelbrot is very nice (basically Ashkenazi Jewish biscotti), as are kichel (another kind of Ashkenazi cookie). I like several kinds of Italian cookies-- Cenci, Amaretti, Canoletti, Struffoli, and so on-- and several kinds of German and Austrian cookies-- Pfeffernussen, Spitzbuben, Lebkuchen, Linzer Kekese, Haselnuss Ballchen, etc.-- and of course French cookies as well, like Madeleines (I know some people insist they're actually mini-teacakes, but fuck that, I think they're a kind of cookie), Sables au Ganache, Calissons d'Aix, Palmiers, etc.

Are hamentaschen cookies? Or are they pastry? I'm not sure. I tend to think cookies, and if so, they're among my very favorites.

• Like Like x 1
  8. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

9. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Oh man, I forgot about my husband's rugelach. I think I spelled that wrong. And those waffle-like anise cookies. And French macarons. There's a restaurant here that makes GF macarons... Holy hell.... The bananas foster and pistachio ones are my favorites.

10. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

Are rugelach really cookies, though? Seems to me they're pastries.

If you like rugelach, though, you should either go to Jerusalem or find a friend who will be in Jerusalem, and get or have them ship to you a kilo or two of rugelach from Marzipan Bakery. The bakery themselves does not do shipping, which is a crying shame. But whatever trouble you have to go through to get their chocolate rugelach, it is 100% worth it. WHATEVER trouble. They are, literally, the best rugelach in the whole world. Unlike any others. They're made with flaky layers of paper-thin dough, absolutely dripping with gooey chocolate. They are, as a whole pastry, gooey, rich, and luscious beyond your wildest dreams. They taste like orgasms feel. Good orgasms. Multiple orgasms. When you're fucking someone scorchingly hot. But chocolaty-er.

11. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Alas, I'm stuck with the Yiddish Kitchen's paleo version... Which are more cookie than pastry. Every one that I had prior to eliminating wheat and gluten was very cookie-like. Now I wonder what I've been missing!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Fig Newton
    Chocolate Chip
    Sugar Cookie
    Oatmeal
    Macadamia Nut

Mom makes an incredible Snickerdoodle. :D
    Actually gets better as it sits.
    Everyone asks for them at Xmas

• Like Like x 1
  13. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

There is a colleague at work who makes a lovely peanut butter flavored cookie with a Hershey Kiss plopped in the middle of it around holiday time.
    Those.

14. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Currently eating chocolate covered graham crackers. Yum.

15. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I can't stay away from the ones I made. I was trying to leave a few for the hubs when he gets home. Not. Going. To. Happen.

• Like Like x 1
  16. redux

redux Very Tilted

Favorite store bought cookie - Milano

Three new varieties I havent tried yet.

[​IMG]

17. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I have two ; the first is The
    World Famous OREO original, and the follow up is homemade refrigerator cookies, oatmeal and chocolate