1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

QOTD #64: What do you do when it rains?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by genuinemommy, Mar 10, 2016.

1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Does your schedule change at all when it's raining?
    At what point does precipitation impact your day?
    Do you remember rainy days when you were a child?
    What'd you do as a child when the weather was poor?

This week it is stormy where I live (Houston area). Flash flood warnings and flooding have caused havoc. So many accidents on the roads, and school closures. I'm reminded of the snow/ice days in Cincinnati.

Our girls spend a lot of time outside. They settle down for naps by going for long walks in the stroller, and 2 hours of outdoor play at a park is common for an afternoon. We still go out when it has rained, bringing towels to wipe down the slides and swings. But when it's actively precipitating, our plans change. You can't spend too much time splashing in puddles and playing in mud.

2. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Living in Colorado, dealing with Ma Nature just comes with the territory. I have a vast assortment of outdoor wear and can generally just go with the flow. Riding a motorcycle in the rain is certainly doable; but not a lot of fun. If I'm out riding when it rains, I'll deal with it; but I won't leave home on a bike if it's raining.

Hiking in the rain is no big deal, that's what Gore-Tex is for. The only concession I make is for electrical activity. You really don't want to be above tree line when lightning is happening.

I lived in IL as a kid where it rained for weeks, it seemed. Toss in crappy rainwear and we generally stayed inside.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I grew up in Florida, lived here all of my life. I've only been impacted by rain during Hurricane Elena and then the five tropical storms that rolled in together in 2004 or 2005. Power was lost and there was significant flooding. Otherwise, I'm just not fazed. I love the rain. We used to play in the daily thunderstorms as kids. The smell of steaming, wet blacktop takes me back right away. It never impacted our activities because we always had backup plans, since it's so frequent. Even now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. It's always fucking rains in the Willamette valley. It's raining right now.

I do NOT like the winters. There's like three, maybe four good months here and then it starts raining again. If some asshole says, "But it's so green!" I will fucking punch you in the tit and then throw water in your face.

It's not even decent rain. It's like someone is spitting on you. Rarely do we see a downpour. I love a good downpour with some lightening, but this misty shit is stupid.

The lack of vitamin D causes me to be bitchier than my normal personality.....So you can thank the PACNW for that. I used to be mildly pleasant.

"Well, you're not an Oregonian if you use an umbrella." Fuck you. I don't WANT to be a smug Oregon asshole.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I visited the Pacific Northwest coast around Labor Day two years ago for a few weeks and only got rained on for 1 hour. I'm not sure what rain they are talking about. ;)

I still ride my bike in the rain. Going to work, I ride with an umbrella.

Back when I lived in Phoenix, it seemed like people were afraid of the rain, but it didn't phase me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

I think ZS has anger issues ;)

We often have the opposite problem - quite often it is the heat keeping us indoors. Here we are in Autumn, and it is going to top 30C today, so mid-summer can be oppressive outside. Rain isn't that regular but when it comes it is rarely a light shower. Sydney = heavy rain and thunderstorms more often than not. Unless you are covered head to foot in GoreTex, you will get really wet if out in it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I love it. :)

And I don't take it for granted any more...after living over a decade in "sunny" San Diego (more like dry, everything's dying, nothing's in the sky, same damned thing everyday San Diego)

I like the smell...the sound...the energy...the clouds
    the green it brings, the life

Sure, I bring an umbrella with me
    But even the inconvenience is part of the adventure.

And Ooo...a good thunderstorm...bring it on. Exciting. :D

8. I will cut you.

9. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Do I need to deal with this post? I mean... you're threatening a fellow member...

• Like Like x 3
  10. I would have been banned a loooooooooooong time ago if mods took my threats seriously. The only threats I would act upon would be the ones for @borla.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

As long as you are willing to put together the affidavit we talked about for the restraining order hearing, we are good. :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I go on with my life. However, I generally don't like driving on the freeway in heavy rain, so I do avoid that.

13. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

Fun fact: while driving the other day Google decided to play some Garbage, which I hadn't heard in probably a decade at least. I'm Only Happy When It Rains is a good song but not a sentiment that applies to me. Pretty much the opposite, really.

14. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Maybe you will like their new stuff more.

[​IMG]

We’re very excited to officially announce our new album Strange Little Birds will be released on June 10th, 2016.
    Tracklisting:
    1. Sometimes
    2. Empty
    3. Blackout
    4. If I Lost You
    5. Night Drive Loneliness
    6. Even Though Our Love Is Doomed
    7. Magnetized
    8. We Never Tell
    9. So We Can Stay Alive
    10. Teaching Little Fingers To Play
    11. Amends

15. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

In Singapore, it rains. A lot.

When it rains here it's more like a massive dump of water with a side order of thunder and lightning.

When it rains like that, if you are out, you find a place to shelter. If you are inside, just stay there. It will be over soonish.

The colonial buildings are all equipped with a five-foot-way, a covered side walk (of sorts) that give shelter from the sun and the rain (both harsh). There are also many covered walkways so people can get from buildings to public transit.

If it's a hard rain and I am out, I will find a place to wait it out (hopefully with beer). If it's a softer, longer rain I will use my umbrella and move along.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

I love it when it raing. I normally sit in my chair in the garage and just watch it

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I'll do the same in a chair on the patio. I love the sound of the rain on the corrugated fiberglas patio roof.

If it's warm enough, I like to walk in the rain and just get soaked. I've hand washed my car in the rain. On a hot, rainy afternoon last summer I walked barefoot down to the Chinese take-out place a couple of blocks away. Tee-shirt and shorts, no raincoat or umbrella. They looked at me like I was crazy.

But kids understand. I loved to play in the rain when I was a kid, and I've never outgrown that. One of my great memories from middle school years is playing soccer in the rain.

But only when it's warm. Cold and rainy I hate, and I hate it if I have to be out in it. My least favorite weather is something around 35-40 degrees and raining or just damp. I'd rather have it be 10 below zero.

Thunderstorms make me horny. I love a good fuck session to the accompaniment of heavy rain with lots of lightning and loud thunder. Ooooooh! One of the nice things spring brings.:D

• Like Like x 2
  18. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

cant say ive ever had sex during a storm

19. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Hurricane Survival Activity #4

• Like Like x 2
  20. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I've had sex outside in a thunderstorm.

It was wet.