1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Quite the busy couple of weeks for me regarding sporting events.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Anyone here regularly attend a lot of sporting events? I'm fortunate enough to be in a job where I often am either bringing customers or being treated. I'm also enough of a sports fan that I go to a fair amount of events on my own dime too. I usually catch a half dozen baseball games every year, a Bulls game or two, and an NFL game every other year or so. The last couple of years I've also added a college football game in. But mid-September is shaping up to be pretty busy by even my standards. :D

Last week was golf at TPC Deere Run (where the PGA's John Deere Classic is held annually), a very nice course, one of the best I've ever golfed. Last weekend I flew out to Oregon to visit a buddy and caught an Oregon Ducks game. Yesterday I had someone ask me if I could use NASCAR tickets if the race got rained out yesterday (and it did), so I went to the Gieco 400 at Chicagoland Speedway this morning. I had been invited to golf this afternoon and said I was going to pass because of the race, but the race finished earlier than I anticipated. Thanks to some strategy on my part (parking near the end of an aisle far away from the track so I could easily get out) and practically running the 1/2 mile back to my car to beat traffic I was out of there in time to get a round of golf in before dark. Saturday I have tickets to the Iowa Hawkeye's game with a bunch of customers. Now I get a text from my boss saying that plans to take other customers to the Bears-Packers game the next day, so now I can have those tickets too. :p

What have you attended recently? Any plans for the near future?