1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Raspberry Pi Projects

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by Snoogans, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

I just ordered a model B+, so excited!

The plan is to start making a emulator-console, and later on turning it into a WiFi-HTPC.

Also I hope to one day automate everyting in my house that can conceivably be automated somehow(Alamclock with RFID-implant reciever to start the coffeemaker, turn on kitchen/bathroom lights and start the car heater?)
    In my mind, the possibilities are endless.

Anyone here own a Pi(or something similar)?
    What have you done with it/what are you planning?

• Like Like x 1
  2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I really want to do one. I think there are a lot of educational projects to be done with something like the Raspberry Pi. My husband and I keep talking about getting one, but haven't yet. My fear is that were we to do so, he would take over and not finish.

3. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

Well.. Get two!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snoogans

Snoogans Getting Tilted

Mother. Fucker.

This is a steep uphill battle when I know what I want from it, but no damn clue as how to get it to work.
    I thought I just had to install the OS, install RetroPie and XMBC as one is used to install programs in Windows and everything will work perfectly!

Well.. I've reformatted the SD four fucking times in a week. Actually managed to get a SNES-game going once! (wasn't able to actually PLAY it but a small win nonetheless..)
    Had to switch the keyboard/mouse when they all of a sudden stopped working. (Why? Who the fuck knows..)

The raspberry is a fickle beast, but luckily people who know how to program are willing to share information.

I will be it's master, it's just going to take much longer than I first though..
    Still waiting for the WiFi dongle, Bluetooth-dongle and PS3-controller to arrive, after that I WILL make a functioning Retro-emulator/Mediastreamer.

I did make a functional enclosure though, from a CD-case and some stuff found at work:

[​IMG]