1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Renoir Protest

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by genuinemommy, Oct 6, 2015.

1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

What in the world?!
    Has anyone else seen this in the news?
    [​IMG]
    Renoir haters picket outside Museum of Fine Arts - The Boston Globe

I love Renoir. I don't understand why a group of people would protest his work being on display. Unless they're trying to get publicity for the art museum or something.
    Oh, wait... free pizza was involved. That could also play a part.

2. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

I'm a big fan of Impressionism, including Renoir; but whatever.

It would be a boring world if we all agreed about things like this.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Ha! I read the title and thought, "who would protest a painter? Must be a town I'm not familiar with, or maybe there's a politician named Renoir." *click* "No, I was right...it's the painter. ....what?"

Sounds like they just wanted to have a little fun. I laughed, at any rate. I was also reminded of Tom Hiddleston & Rachel Weisz arguing in the art museum in The Deep Blue Sea : "Where are you going?!" "TO THE IMPRESSIONISTS!"

• Like Like x 1
  4. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Thinking Renoir is awesome in painting is like thinking the Beatles are awesome in music. They're enjoyable, they're pretty damn good, but there is tons else out there that deserves attention for different reasons.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

#ThingsHipstersDo

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Most likely some folks were just bored.

The funny part is if they really don't like Renoir's paintings, the only thing that their protest is accomplishing is drawing attention to the exhibit.

I think Warhol was a hack who got very lucky, his "image" far exceeded his talent. Many disagree, and that's fine with me. I certainly wouldn't draw attention an exhibit of his works by protesting it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

I think the dude eating the taco makes the whole thing hilarious.

8. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

is that what hipsters look like?

9. redux

redux Very Tilted

The dudes at the Luncheon of the Boating Party were hipsters.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3