1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

RIP Alan Thicke

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Alan Thicke Dead at 69

:(

Lots of you are probably, like me, the right age to have grown up watching him as a TV dad. He also regularly visited one of the Sirius/XM radio shows I often listen to. Seemed like a nice guy, very sad. :(

2. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

He was Leo's foster dad for a few years as a Seaver. I'm SO OVER 2016!!

3. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

At this point I'm convinced 2016 is just trolling us.
    RIP Alan.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I can still hear his distinct voice in my head...

5. Borla

To your room Ben!

• Like Like x 1
  6. rogue49

Are you sure it wasn't Mike?
    (He was always the mischief maker back then....and he certainly needs some reflection time IRL these days...;))

7. Borla

The last several years he's been on Covino and Rich on Sirius/XM, and has done a ton of voiceovers for them. He always says "To your room Ben!" in those.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rogue49

Or maybe he was scared of Kirk Cameron who played Mike...I know I would be. He's now "a bit" righteous and aggressive. ;)
    I'm sure, AT had an "entertaining" time dealing with his attitude...because Thicke was not a boy scout (despite his character)

9. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

damn 2016. Is it just our population cohort? Greg Lake last week, Alan Thick yesterday? Are all us boomers getting old and vulnerable at once? Big news item on TV tonight about the dangers of playing hockey as an older man (ahem....) and the occurance of heart attacks.

10. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Friends of mine made the series Totally Thicke. They said he was a lovely man.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Borla

Yesterday I totally forgot that a second radio show I occasionally listen to (Dan Lebatard on ESPN) also regularly had Alan Thicke on as a guest. He'd often do celebrity picks against the experts and such. They played tons of material that he's done for them over the years, he seemed hilarious and self-deprecating.

News reports are even claiming that as the EMTs loaded him up in the ambulance he told his son to snap a picture, make sure to get the ice rink in the background (he played hockey there regularly), and that he was fine. Sad deal. :(

12. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

• Like Like x 3