1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

RSS/Online Reading

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by MKOLLER, Feb 23, 2013.

1. MKOLLER

MKOLLER Vertical

What sites do you subscribe to? What applications do you use to read your articles? Post them here!

RSS Reader - Slick RSS. This is an app I found on the Chrome WebStore (it is free) that lets me see up to 100 stories per feed at a time in a tiled interface. Each tile shows the title of the article as well as the article's opening paragraph. I have it set to update every five minutes, and I have ten feeds currently on it.

My Feeds:
    - Reno Gazette Journal: Local, Business
    - BBC News: US/Canada, Sci/Environment, Technology, Future
    - MIT Technology Review: Computing, Energy, Business
    - Redding Record Searchlight: Local News

The Reno and Redding newsreels are obviously region-based. BBC News is worldwide coverage, with the latter articles focusing on Europe and Asia more than the US, which is pretty cool. MIT Tech Review was actually recommended to me by a friend from OIT who also introduced me to the TFP. You can find information on many up-and-coming innovations from it.

2. redux

redux Very Tilted

RSS feeds:

The New Yorker
    The Atlantic
    National Journal
    Governing
    The Daily Beast