1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Self-regulation

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by warrrreagl, Mar 24, 2018.

1. warrrreagl

warrrreagl Slightly Tilted

There might be already a thread for this, but I'm too old to search for it longer than 90 seconds.

What little rules do you have for yourself in order to keep things in your life regulated? Buy one new item of clothing and get rid of an old one? Eat two pieces of toast instead of one and leave off dessert later?

For me, I do the "clean as you go" cooking philosophy, which drives my wife crazy whenever we try and cook something together. She keeps reaching for spoons that I've already put into the dishwasher. Also, we used to go really overboard buying new plants, so we've evolved into a rule that prevents us from buying any new plants until everything we bought previously has been planted somewhere.

• Like Like x 2
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Many times I think to myself,
    “Do I need this?”

It checks me from overbuying or wasting

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I weigh myself every morning right after my shower. If I weigh more than 110 two days in a row I fast for the day.:)

For many purchases I look for used items. I've never bought a new car or new computer.

• Like Like x 2
  4. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

All impulse purchases over $50 have a 24 hour waiting period. Sometimes that number drops to $20.

• Like Like x 2
  5. omega

omega Very Tilted

Fiber helps.

6. omega

omega Very Tilted

On a serious note, exercise. 2.5 years now of consistent weightlifting. I don't make much progress, stalled on a lot of things because I'm 44 and have lifted on and off for decades, but I hit the gym 5 days a week. Keeps my mood up, keeps me strong, and while still chubby I am solid. I refuse to slack because I'm afraid that if I miss a few days I will fall off the wagon like so many times before.

7. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

Supporting different charities pulls me in. Some I totally believe in and some I think I wasted well earned money!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk