1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Selma

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by redravin, Jan 19, 2015.

1. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

If you haven't seen this movie I really recommend you go.
    There's a good reason it's up for an Oscar.
    I have to admit I went in to the theater with that Titanic kinda feeling since I've been a student of the civil right movement, so watching a movie where you know what is going to happen can be a little underwhelming.
    I was totally wrong.
    The acting was amazing, bringing the characters and the time alive.
    I even embarrassed myself (and my daughter) by yelling out at the result of an event I had known was coming for five minutes but it shocked and devastated me all the same.
    This is an well crafted film, with a timely and powerful message.
    It uses small moments to counterpoint the huge things that were going on in the country at the time.
    I suspect the trimmed back President Johnson's language a bit considering what I've heard in his tapes, except for the conversation with Governor Wallace which is priceless.

Do watch this movie.

Take some friends, take your kids, it's worth it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I very rarely actually go to the theater, but this will definitely be a movie I watch soon after it comes out via other media. Looks well done. Glad to hear people saying it was.