1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

SFWPoll: What do you wear to bed?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by genuinemommy, Mar 14, 2017.

?

What do you wear to bed?

1. Nothing

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Sleepwear

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Other clothing

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  4. Other - describe

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

This came up recently in a discussion among moms. I'm curious what people have to say about it here.

What do you wear to bed?
    Why do you wear what you wear to bed?

Since this thread is in General Discussion, let's keep it safe for work (SFW).

------___------
    What?
    I do have some nightgowns that I wear occasionally, but they're not very comfortable for me right now.
    I often wear workout/yoga pants and a camisole to bed. This clothing looks moderately presentable with the addition of a cardigan if I need to run out the door quickly.
    Why?
    I found myself rushing through an entire day, still in what I wore to bed. Other days, I found myself falling asleep in what I wore all day. When I noticed this trend, I switched up my wardrobe, finding clothing that would make me feel presentable from my bed to the rest of my activities (park, grocery shopping) with minimal effort.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Nothing. I'm a terribly cold person. I found that I actually stay warmer if Ikeep the sheets/covers next to my skin. I'll wear underwear when I'm on my cycle, but it annoys me. Clothes get caught in my tossing and turning at night, too. If I'm in a room with other people, I'll wear a soft tshirt and underwear, and toss yoga pants on the bed so I can grab them and put them on when I get out of bed.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Nothing. As @Japchae mentioned, clothes get all tangled when I toss and turn.

• Like Like x 2
  4. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Nada

Not only would I overheat...but it makes me feel entangled.
    Plus I'll wake up with something that takes forever to get rid of. (cut a friggin' diamond...) ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

My boxers. Why? I never really thought about that I will get back to you on that

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yerba

Yerba ...wait, what?

Honestly, this entirely depends on my plans for the next day.

If I'm going to bed at a reasonable hour, or if I don't particularly care when I get up, then generally I will sleep in nothing. This helps me get a deeper and more restful sleep.

If I'm going to bed at an *un*reasonable hour, or if I have to get up earlier than I usually do, I'll intentionally wear clothing to bed. This will make me less comfortable when I sleep and will make me sleep lighter, and thus will make me more apt to hear my alarm (or wake up before it). I don't get quite as restful of a night's sleep as I normally would, but this is all-but-guaranteed if I am to get less sleep than usual anyways, so I'll favor waking up on time instead.

Luckily, as I get older the latter situation tends to happen less and less.

7. Azharen

Azharen Getting Tilted

I sleep naked. I only wear clothes to bed if I'm staying overnight somewhere.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

8. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Nerdy pajama pants and a tank top, usually. I may switch to boxer shorts in the summer or a long-sleeved shirt in the winter, but that's about it for variety.

As for why...it's comfy. I don't really like being completely naked to sleep, but I don't like underwear, either. And if I'm staying with other people, or other people are staying with us, it's super-easy to just throw on a cardigan or a sweater and be presentable (also helpful when I let the dogs out in the morning, and they get tangled up, or I have to run out to distract them from a squirrel.)

• Like Like x 2
  9. *Nikki*

*Nikki* Slightly Tilted

Since I had children the naked sleeping has come to an end. Now it's yoga pants and a tank or boxers and a tank.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Briefs and a t-shirt, or no shirt.

It's hot here all the time. I'd sleep naked but it's close quarters in this house. Whenever I travel, I am naked in the hotel room.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Naked, or sometimes I wear a large (preferably long sleeve - I get cold arms) men's tall tee shirt. Vee-neck if I can find one, helps keep my boobs cooler. Warm boobs, cold arms -- whatever. Occasionally a bra and/or panties. We both prefer to have a cool room and use blankets, even in the summer. No idea why. There's an electric space heater with remote control, so if we want a morning frolic we can warm the room without even getting out of bed.:D
    Easy enough to pull on a pair of jeans if the doorbell rings, or, for that matter, my nightshirts are longer than some skirts.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I wear an opaque, thigh-length, ring-spun cotton sleepshirt, one with short sleeves in the not-summer and a racer-back version during summer. I do it both for modesty as three adults live here and because dogs have outdoor needs at various times.

I can't sleep naked as I get tangled up in my boobs.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  13. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Having kids ended the naked sleeping and even without the kids I never got back in the habit.
    An oversized soft cotton T-shirt usually.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Usually nothing. If the weather is cold, or I'm just feeling cold, a comfy t-shirt. If seriously cold weather (rare), a long sleeved t-shirt or maybe a sweatshirt. Sometimes, but rarely, boxer briefs because cold weather sometimes causes/aggravates a dry skin spot on a sensitive body part.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gross.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

You imagined me naked, so I still win this one. Sucker.

• Like Like x 10
  17. I bet you thought about me naked too....and if you didn't...you just did.

Perv.

• Like Like x 8
  18. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I wear a t-shirt and maybe shorts.

• Like Like x 2
  19. mudholestomper New Member

I wear boxer briefs as everyday underwear…but when I sleep, I prefer to have some freedom and airflow for the frank and beans

So I cut the "legs" off of a few pairs of boxer briefs for easy access and more freedom

Sent from my Apple iPhone 7…which, as you know, clearly defines me as being superior to you in every way

• Like Like x 2
  20. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Wouldn't sleeping in the nude be much simpler? If you have kids and/or live with family, just slide your undies on when you get out of bed. If you're sharing the bed with someone in a no sex situation, you probably don't need "easy access."

• Like Like x 1