1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

She dumped me, and she updates her relationship status with another guy the same day.

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by sollyV, May 6, 2017.

1. sollyV New Member

So, when my ex broke up with me, she vaguely just said "things have not been the same anymore, and I have been going through a lot recently". She deleted me on facebook, and wouldn't really communicate with me at all.

2 weeks later, I'm on her facebook profile and I look at some of the guys liking her photos. I look at his profile, and see his relationship status. He is in a relationship with my ex, since the same exact day she broke it off with me, according to his facebook status.

Now, I kept that to myself for a while. Couple of months go by, they break up. We start talking again. After a little argument, I lose my **** and tell her about how I know that she dumped me for this guy.

First thing she says "no I didn't leave you for x wtf"

To which I respond with the facebook evidence, and how she was in a relationship with him since the same exact date she broke it off with me.

She then just says "Woah that's my personal life, and he cheated on me so I don't like talking about it"

After I tell her that I would fully forgive her for everything, and how I apologised for snooping around her facebook, she just says "I can't do this anymore. I can't trust you. Sorry"

So we said goodbye to eachother.

Now my question: Is there a possibility that I was wrong about the fact that she dumped me for this other fella?

2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Does it matter??
    It could be the truth. It could be a lie. It could be both. (hell, she even could be lying to herself) Any and all of the above.
    Sounds like she was being selfish. Period.
    And not considering you.

Move on.
    You deserve to know which way is up.
    And you deserve someone who considers you.

Find your certain something without the drama.
    (**unless you're into that...then you have no right to complain)

• Like Like x 5
  3. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Bang her like a scr... oh wrong thread.

I guess maybe. Maybe not.

At the end of the day does it matter? Will it help you have closure knowing the answer?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Maybe, but probably not.

What is definite is that it is a toxic and dysfunctional situation that you should be glad to be free from, and should continue to stay far, far away from.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Jager

Jager Vertical

Chances are she was seeing him a few weeks on the side while with you, sensing things were going downhill. No coincidence that the day she broke it off with you, someone else posts their new relationship. Like the last post stated, she has some growing up, move forward and don't look back. It'll drive you nuts otherwise. Just block her for your sanity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  6. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I know you think that it is easy for us to say 'move on' while you have all this baggage and feelings make it impossible but I'm afraid that is the only healthy advice we can offer.
    She will not give you anything that even smacks of closure.
    If you continue to worry this thing like a dog with a bone all it will do is make you heartsick.
    Saying to yourself that what happened, just happened and it is time to go live my life is the best thing for you.
    If it doesn't feel like you can do that it might be worth investing in some therapy sessions.
    As someone who has been going for a while, I'm not saying because I think you're crazy, just that everyone can use a little help especially if they are stuck in spot they can't get out of.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Jager

Jager Vertical

One more thing, take her number out of your contact list and block that also. You'll regret the drunk texting otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 7
  8. cynthetiq

But the booty call potential drops to zero!!!

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  9. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. It's probably just coincidence.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Ask yourself why...
    you would want to be "in a relationship" with someone who treats you in this way?
    The answer is...

Why would you pursue a relationship with some who doesn't want you?

• Like Like x 6
  11. cynthetiq

Because of pussy.

• Like Like x 5
  12. KirStang

KirStang Something Patriotic.

Living well is the best revenge. Find someone who loves you for you. In the meantime, maximize your appeal by working on yourself, whether it's working out or picking up a new skill, i.e. dancing (salsa classes are a great way to meet women).

She did a shitty thing. There's no closure. C'est la vie.

One more thing: Don't buy in to the mindfuck that you did anything wrong by digging up that information. Know what's right and what's wrong and remain firm in your convictions.

• Like Like x 4
  13. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

You are going to destroy yourself with what-if.

Any time you spend thinking of her is poison. Go live life, heal from this damaging relationship, and find a way to enjoy life again.

• Like Like x 4
  14. cynthetiq

Go find other girls and bang them like a screen door in a hurricane.

• Like Like x 2
  15. GabblerGabriel

GabblerGabriel New Member

Kinda sounds like she basically had another guy already and decided to break it off with you.