1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Sherlock

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by snowy, Aug 4, 2013.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I searched and searched, but I couldn't find a thread on the BBC's Sherlock.

[​IMG]

Series 3 is coming up soon after a momentous end to Series 2. If you haven't seen up through The Reichenbach Fall, please be aware there may be spoilers in this thread. I'm not going to post any now, but I pretty much assume anyone who starts watching Sherlock gets sucked in and watches all six episodes as quickly as possible. There are also no excuses--they're all on Netflix streaming.

Do you watch Sherlock? What's your favorite part about the show? What are you looking forward to in Series 3?

Yes, I watch Sherlock. I have to stop myself from immediately watching the next one if I watch it, even though I've seen them all before. The first two we watched right in a row, which is unusual for me. I love the writing--I love the update on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I've read a lot of the Sherlock Holmes books, so it was nice to see how they'd taken the source material and brought it into the present day. I also love Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. The bromance between Watson and Sherlock is just delicious. That said, I'm not writing Johnlock fanfiction in my spare time. I can't wait for Series 3. I'm really hoping for a simultaneous release on PBS. If they don't do it, they're fools. I'll hold off on more specifics as to what I am excited about in Series 3.

• Like Like x 3
  2. bobby

bobby More Than Slightly Tilted ! Donor

I really like this version of the Holmes saga,unlike the Morton Downy movie,but the Granada series tops them all with
    Rathbone a close second...love ya

Xoxoxoo

• Like Like x 1
  3. OK, OK, I'll start watching! But, that Cumberbatch fellow... it's like staring in a mirror :rolleyes: .

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bodkin van Horn

Bodkin van Horn One of the Four Horsewomyn of the Fempocalypse

It's pretty good. I've never really been into Sherlock Holmes, but this incarnation is fun. Clever too, like the words that pop up on screen when Sherlock checks a text message.

I like that Sherlock is framed as being somewhat of a sociopath, and that the writers are cagey about whether he's actually a sociopath or just someone who tends to be an asshole.

• Like Like x 1
  5. arkana

arkana Very Tilted

I love this show. It makes me want to work on my brain. It makes me want to read the original stories.

In Series 3 (which can't come soon enough), I am looking forward to
    seeing how they keep the storyline heavy without the grave threat of Moriarty

• Like Like x 1
  6. snowy

I often wish I had a Mind Palace...well, I do, but it's filled with smut.

• Like Like x 1
  7. arkana

arkana Very Tilted

Have you ever tried to build one? It's not as difficult as it sounds. I once used one to memorize the 30 most nutritious vegetables, in order.

• Like Like x 1
  8. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

Yes I watch this and am eagerly awaiting season 3. When you juxtapose this against the US "Elementary" this comes out a clear winner. I dislike the American "crime of the week" formula that has been used for that show. The English do the best crime drama and I like how they are willing to make a 3 or 4 or 6 show series rather than having to fit the 42 minute 22 episode mould.

9. snowy

I actually use a similar technique for assimilating most knowledge, particularly student names.

10. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Sherlock is a great bit of television. It's shows like this that make me glad I work in the industry (even if I don't do this sort of stuff... yet).

One small aside... My friend, who has worked for years in television in the UK, says that Martin Freeman isn't a nice guy. Says he is a self-centred tosser (but I suppose that describes just about every actor I've ever met).

11. snowy

Well, I'm a passionate Cumberbitch, so Martin Freeman can be a tosser. I'd only be sad if Ben turned out to be a jerk, and by all accounts there's little chance of that.

12. Charlatan

Never heard a bad word about Benedict.

• Like Like x 1
  13. snowy

Sherlock Series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch teases fans "You're in for a treat this series" and signs up to play a penguin? | Unreality TV

14. snowy

Because I'm a dork and I think this picture is hilarious:
    [​IMG]
    Steven Moffat looks like he's judging all of us, and Ben looks a little too happy about having his arm around Black Widow.

15. Charlatan

Who wouldn't?

• Like Like x 2
  16. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

Just watched the first episode tonight, after finishing Season 6 of Dr. Who on Netflix and waiting for season 7.

I was very very pleased.

• Like Like x 1
  17. snowy

Now when are you going to watch the next one? ;)

18. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

My husband already watched both seasons without telling me, so hopefully I can get caught up this weekend :)

19. snowy

That's how this show works.

20. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

You memorise the most nutritious students?

I may have read this a bit fast
    --- merged: Aug 14, 2013 at 5:09 PM ---
    Oh. Forgot to say.

I used to live a few doors down from the house they use as 221b Baker Street.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 1