1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

should I get a nose job? (photo inside)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by DRP967, Apr 16, 2012.

1. DRP967

DRP967 New Member

[​IMG]
    *Im on the left with the black tee shirt.

Okay so I have been wanting a nose job for a while now. Im thinking I could use more of a bridge and tip, maybe slim down the nose as well (as in wideness/nostril area). Basically I want a westernized Caucasian esque style nose for lack of better description. You know the deal with most Asian people wanting white people noses. I have asked some people their opinions and some say it fits my face shape and others say a nose job can enhance my appearance if modified right. Just looking for some more opinions before I make a decision.
    Its just something thats been on my mind. I do accept myself but I dont see anything wrong with some enhancements...then again maybe thats not accepting myself then? Being Filipino, most of our moms and society and heck myself included want the western features, fair skin, pointy noses (Caucasian style) etc. I dont care much for being lighter skinned (I am happy being tan) but the nose thing always is on my mind. Its such a prominent feature on the face that it could make or break ones appearance. Then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Alright enough ranting.
    Thanks in advance for your contribution.

2. DRP967

DRP967 New Member

Okay just took a photo right now, I dont think the sunlight was doing my nose justice ie. shadows/lighting conditions etc. Here is a shot in the bathroom

[​IMG]

And quite frankly as some have said, I realize now that my nose fits my face shape.

3. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Having seen enough people try to de-unique their noses and end up with obvious plastic surgery results, I'd say no.
    If you had a huge bump or a deformity, that's one thing... Bit you have a very appropriate nose, man.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

noodle is right. Your nose looks very normal, you are only setting yourself up for something worse if you try to fix what isn't broken.

• Like Like x 1
  5. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

sorry, but it doesn't look like you need a nose job...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

7. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

8. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I dated an Asian girl for a while. Her mother had been swept up in the whole '80s plastic surgery fix-your-eyelids-to-look-more-white craze. You know what? It just makes her look like a surprised Asian woman all the time, not a roundeye with a tan. Plastic surgery is not the answer, bro.

Think about it: your round Asian face would look really weird with my tall and narrow white guy nose.

You wanna spend money on something that'll improve your looks? Get a gym membership.

Nobody looks at your face when you've got a great ass from all those squats.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  9. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I'll give you a hint, Michael Jackson...

Leave your face alone.

• Like Like x 1
  10. a filipino nose fits perfectly well on a filipino head

a plan9 nose on a DRP967 head would look weird. in ten years time you'll thank your lucky stars and TFP for not doing it.

I say, save that dosh, and donate it to TFP.

11. Your mouth is more noticeable - looks like it would be capable of a nice warm smile. It is balance that is important DRP.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

I dont think you do. But thats my opnion

13. I didn't notice anything wrong with it. Looks perfectly normal.

14. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

No. You will be dissatisfied with your plastic surgery results and have the obsessive desire to improve upon the surgery. And then you might have issues with breathing through the nose and other problems, which could have been easily solved if you ignored the surgery.

15. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Wait a second... is this some kind of trick to get cocaine?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  16. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Your nose suits your face. Don't mess with it.

17. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

Ditto what everyone else said before.

18. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

That's true- I can't tell you how many times I hear "God, what an ass" every time I leave a room.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

You need a tip jar on TFP. Seriously. Like make it part of the donation options.

Yo, the_jazz, get on that.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

Unless you need surgery for your health, I wouldn't have it ever.

Even something minor, you're running a risk (maybe a small one)... why take the chance just to have a nose that looks different? (or bigger tits, less wrinkles, all the other reasons people have cosmetic surgery)

Your nose looks pretty normal to me, but I'm no expert on men's looks.

Ive broken my own nose twice, and I wouldnt consider having anything done with it... I can breathe and smell through it fine and thats all you need it for.

• Like Like x 2